• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't mind people getting in and playing out a maiden, there's time for that WHEN they're not chasing 9-10 an over. I'd have much rather Vaughan had gone for shots earlier and got out 30 from 50 than 70 from 94, at least then Solanki and Collingwood could have played themselves in. But instead Vaughan either does a Kallis or was just stupid, either way it's not a good thing. On that pitch they should have been looking to nurdle most of the time and try to hit anything loose for 6, which would not have been high risk because of the small boundaries. Basically you're gonna have to take risks sooner or later, so you may as well pick which deliveries you take that risk on rather than wait til the last 16 overs to do it when the bowlers can bowl accordingly for it.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So Pietersen launches the first ball of the last over into the air... and the satellite feed is lost. Pretty disappointing coverage, but I guess when you're getting a non-WI series on basic TV, you should be happy enough as is.

Great knock Pietersen.

Swervy

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
So Pietersen launches the first ball of the last over into the air... and the satellite feed is lost. Pretty disappointing coverage, but I guess when you're getting a non-WI series on basic TV, you should be happy enough as is.

Great knock Pietersen.
wow..you are getting this series on terrestrial..its more than we get here in the UK.

DocHead

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ja, it's been a good week and a bit so far, the Karma slot machine is finally paying.

At this point, if Durban ends in a tie, I wouldn't mind, the guys just need to ensure they win the series. Wouldn't like any rain though.

Going into Queer Eye mode, I don't really like Cass Naidoo's new hairstyle, or that blonde squirrell that's sitting on Kevin Pietersen's head.

jot1

State Vice-Captain
superkingdave said:
Whatever happens, another great innings from Pietersen, but its Kemp that's won this for SA (and Ali & Hoggard)
Super, man of the match, Justin Kemp, but Pietersen is awesome. Wish he was playing for us! :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Goughie's tram-lines (Top Cat was saying in the worst haircut thread about some cricketer brining a "Bobby Brown" back, does Daz read CW?!? :D ) & Fat Gray's boot-polish job derserve honourable mentions!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Swervy said:
wow..you are getting this series on terrestrial..its more than we get here in the UK.
We never used to, but in the last half a year or so we've gotten Australia v India, South Africa v India, the India v Pakistan one-off and England v South Africa in addition to the WI games. Needless to say, it's distracted me from a fair bit of studying. :cool:

Mr Mxyzptlk

jot1 said:
Super, man of the match, Justin Kemp, but Pietersen is awesome. Wish he was playing for us! :p
Kemp's innings was spectacular, but Pietersen's was near unbelievable. He carried England yet again.

Swervy

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
Thought his was just a "bic" job?

ooooh...sounds painful :p

and on that note I am going to say 'goodbye for now'....my pc is going into computer hospital tomorrow as it has lost its voice and cannot play sounds and music etc.

see ya..not that anyone cares anyway :D

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Swervy said:
ooooh...sounds painful :p

and on that note I am going to say 'goodbye for now'....my pc is going into computer hospital tomorrow as it has lost its voice and cannot play sounds and music etc.

see ya..not that anyone cares anyway :D
Oooo. Sounds expensive....

I hate goodbyes, so shall we just say au reviour? :crybaby:

(no, cos its all a bit too touchy-feely, not to mention French!) ;)

twctopcat

International Regular
Jono said:
I agree. Nel is growing on me. I'm actually starting to like him. :shocked:
I like Nel as well, the game of cricket is better for his sorts of personalities. I get the feeling that he is a perfectly nice person off the pitch so its all ok. If he gets too over the top then so long as the umpires etc deal with it then everything is ok.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I agree. I didn't particularly like him back in Dec/Jan when WI toured South Africa, but in the last couple of weeks he has grown on me for the sheer fact that all he's doing is simply having fun, plus he's toned down his comments some what. I like it when he gives the batsman a look, or says something, and then has the biggest grin on his face.

I still remember when Pieterson smashed the ball back at him, and Nel gathered it and threatened to throw it with this mean look on his face, and then it changed to that huge smile while Pieterson just laughed at the other end. That most definitely is good for cricket.

Plus you couldn't wipe the smile off his face today. He was pretty much smiling while bowling the last over when victory was basically confirmed.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently Top 4 English batsmen played out 59 dot balls, that's 10 maiden overs. I hope Freddie comes soon and replaces Vaughan in ODIs.