• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Tom Halsey said:
How is it my drivel when you keeo changing your mind on various topics?
I havent changed my mind. But why do you waste time on such 'what you consider drivel' any way as you cant even prove a thing.

Dont shut up and keep blabbering like you did on the final I didnt watch and earlier on changing the minds.

Cheers and happy typing.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Tom Halsey said:
I won't.

Do you have command of the English language?
I am quite proficient in the language.

I have serious doubts about your proficiency in understanding the language however when you can make accusations about me saying the twenty20 final was lost because of the conditions specifically.

Prove I did. Or else keep babbling without much sense. Get an education first before you can question others regarding having a command of the english language.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I questioned it because you've said things like 'don't shut up' when you clearly meant things like 'do shut up' (although with different phrases) several times.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Swervy said:
has this not gone on for a bit too long now
Agreed. Its bringing in negative atmosphere in general and its certainly not an atmosphere any one wants.

So for the best interests of healthy discussion, its better to call for peace. It isnt a war any way.

Cheers.

Langeveldt

Soutie
superkingdave said:
Has an 'Official' thread ever been locked before?
It will be a very sad day on Cricket Web when one does..

As usual, it is just a case of people not letting others have the benifit of their own opinion.. Live and let live

Swervy

International Captain
sledger said:
well my mortgage is on the fact that england will win the series now.
SA now have 2 days to get 17 wickets and bat again in between...If England bat into the second half of the middle session tomorrow,I think the series is Englands

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Swervy said:
SA now have 2 days to get 17 wickets and bat again in between...If England bat into the second half of the middle session tomorrow,I think the series is Englands
I'll be very pleasantly surprised if England manage to bat into the middle of the 2nd session - judging by Flintoff & G Jones' efforts to date, it's not hard to see the last 6 wickets falling before lunch. If those guys throw their wickets away yet again, it may take me a while to produce a report that's fit for public consumption. My guess is a lead of 80-90 for SA, followed by a quick thrash to set a target of 300 with half an hour or so to bowl at us tomorrow night. Of coure, the weather could make a complete mockery of that particular prediction.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm not going to make a prediction 'cos I hate tempting fate, but given we're only 130-odd behind now I reckon a lead of 80-90 for SA is a tad pessimistic.

But I'm touching wood as I type! :D

Swervy

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
I'm not going to make a prediction 'cos I hate tempting fate, but given we're only 130-odd behind now I reckon a lead of 80-90 for SA is a tad pessimistic.

But I'm touching wood as I type! :D
are you now :D ..wrong web site for that kinda thing

twctopcat

International Regular
wpdavid said:
I'll be very pleasantly surprised if England manage to bat into the middle of the 2nd session - judging by Flintoff & G Jones' efforts to date, it's not hard to see the last 6 wickets falling before lunch. If those guys throw their wickets away yet again, it may take me a while to produce a report that's fit for public consumption. My guess is a lead of 80-90 for SA, followed by a quick thrash to set a target of 300 with half an hour or so to bowl at us tomorrow night. Of coure, the weather could make a complete mockery of that particular prediction.
England will limp to 180 for 7 before harmy takes us past the SA score with a maiden half century off 15 balls.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think the stage was set for Thorpe when he walked in this morning - it's the sort of situation he really thrives on.

I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it to 3 figures tomorrow - if Flintoff and Jones can both hang there for a while to let him get going then Giles and Hoggard can just dig in and avoid dismissal.