• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
I used the word wrong as I believed and still do it was wrongly given out for the element of doubt.
How much proof do you need?

First you claimed it was going down leg because spinners turn it - ignoring the way that Giles turns it.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Wow, Pretoria never ceases to be my favourite place in the world... all those bikini clad women, and the amazing weather! "We're all doomed" said David Lloyd, from Manchester on the climate.. Spect the sun will be out shortly

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
Which bit of correct decision do you not get?!
I think we have talked enough about the decision already. No if we do further, you will again accuse me of moaning over the decision!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Pratyush said:
I think we have talked enough about the decision already. No if we do further, you will again accuse me of moaning over the decision!
Worse things have happened Pratyush than "being accused of moaning"... English people have to put up with it 24/7!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
Wow, Pretoria never ceases to be my favourite place in the world... all those bikini clad women, and the amazing weather! "We're all doomed" said David Lloyd, from Manchester on the climate.. Spect the sun will be out shortly
yeah it looked like it was coming out just before they lost the broadcast :p

Langeveldt

Soutie
superkingdave said:
yeah it looked like it was coming out just before they lost the broadcast :p
Yes, brings back very fond memories of Pretoria's weather! I have never seen clouds as violent as up there.. I reckon Johannesburg got the worst of this one..
Had we been playing there, I suspect the umpires would have been off for light at about 11am!

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
BTW Pratyush, quick question. Are you the the greatest (and most biased) South african fan ever or do you just love an argument

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
SpeedKing said:
BTW Pratyush, quick question. Are you the the greatest (and most biased) South african ever or do you just love an argument
quick answer - While I do support South Africa, I am not biased in my views. As for arguement, if some one raises some thing about my points, I am entitled to reply back. I will not be right always and people will not always agree with me. But it shouldnt stop me from expressing my views which have been different to the English fans during the current series.

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Nedved's Fan said:
England Averages for the Saffers series

Batting

M. Trescothick 36.7 top score 91

A. Strauss 51.45 top score 144

R. Key 28.4 top score 83

M. Butcher 38.88 top score 79

M. Vaughan 67.56 top score 213*

G. Thorpe 41.82 top score 112

A. Flintoff 55.21 top score 136

G. Jones 36.17 top score 87

A. Giles 22.43 top score 56

M. Hoggard 13.42 top score 21*

S. Harmison 11.12 top score 24*

S. Jones 6.21 top score 12*

J. Anderson 5.39 top score 11

bowling:

S. Harmison 19.32 BBI 6-33

A. Flintoff 24.82 BBI 4-55

M. Hoggard 28.85 BBI 5-76

A. Giles 33.31 BBI 4-73

J. Anderson 34.41 BBI 3-67

S. Jones 47.43 BBI 4-95
Pretty good prediction apart from Trescothick's batting, jones and harmison's bowling average (on harmison, who could believe it could turn out like this after last summer so I'll probably give you that)

Ohh I forgot, Vaughan-Top Score 213*. LOL :D

djwolf

Cricket Spectator
Just as we were starting to look better we lost another wicket close to the end of play. The radio commentators were questioning whether the umpires should have brought the players off earlier. Seems to me that a lot of the weather decisions this series have benefited SA. Anyway, it's gonna be a tense day tomorrow. Just hope we can dig in and hold out for the series.

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Forgot this aswell, Harmison- top score 24.

He has been in great form(with bat anyway) and has a higher average than Freddie in this series. Harmy 30 odd, freddie 19 and Harmy has topscored as well.

Should Harmy and Freddie swap betting postions. Anyone
jus Kidding

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Samuel_Vimes said:
And Freddy's batting average...although I'm hoping he digs out a half-ton here.
He has to bat with maturity - The thing to remember is there's only 196 overs max left in the game.

In that time they have to take 16 wickets AND score enough runs to stay ahead.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Pratyush said:
I have watched some twenty20 cricket and have talked enoug on it in earlier threads. You cant logically prove any thing and keep crying. So do so.
Erm, if you could read, you'd know we're talking about the final. You did not watch the final.