• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mr Casson said:
How could I take something that you'd already said a different way?
Because you did not understand properly for whatever reason?

I questioned the decision of the umpire but I did not moan over it as is made out. If it is thought I did moan or any thing about it, its contrived like in the case of Marc or misunderstood maybe if you believe that as well.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
It would be better to go on that thread and point out properly rather than calling me a hypocrite which is cheap and shows more about you than me.
I assume you know what a hypocrite is?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
But at no point did I moan over the decision like Marc contrives to.
By merely keeping going on about how it was a wrong decision (when it wasn't - either decision that you've moaned about that is) - you were moaning.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Tom Halsey said:
Even though he didn't even watch it!
I have watched some twenty20 cricket and have talked enoug on it in earlier threads. You cant logically prove any thing and keep crying. So do so.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
I thought it was wrong in the sense of it being a mistake by an umpire. Should not have been given out. But I accept such decisions happen in cricket.
Wow, you accept that correct decisions should happen - good thing you do, because that's surely what the idea of an umpire is?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
Show one place I have contradicted myself before opening your mouth. 8-)
Erm, over the blaming the umpires?

You keep changing your mind as to whether you're blaming them or not - and all the time it's when he's made a correct call!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
By merely keeping going on about how it was a wrong decision (when it wasn't - either decision that you've moaned about that is) - you were moaning.
If other people keep going about it being not out for various reasons, I have ever right to show my case.

It does not mean I moan or do not accept the decision.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Pratyush said:
Because you did not understand properly for whatever reason?

I questioned the decision of the umpire but I did not moan over it as is made out. If it is thought I did moan or any thing about it, its contrived like in the case of Marc or misunderstood maybe if you believe that as well.
I'm not talking about you bemoaning the decision; I was never under the impression that you did.

I was talking about you questioning the decision itself. You have used a wide variety of words to describe it, including 'questionable' and 'wrong'. I'm telling you the decision was not wrong because the umpire had every reason to give it out. Now if you're going to answer this by saying "The umpire shouldn't have given it out because he couldn't be sure" then that is different to it being wrong. Wrong it was not; questionable as to why the umpire gave it out, perhaps. But there is no way at all that it can be both.

Water for your hole?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
Erm, over the blaming the umpires?

You keep changing your mind as to whether you're blaming them or not - and all the time it's when he's made a correct call!
I did not change my mind even once. Dont cook up stuff.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
a) You are bent on not readint properly. Its not my problem.

b) When did I say Marc did? Marc said I moaned about the decision which I did not. Learn to read properly.
a) It's hard to read what you mean when you keep changing your mind.

b) You most definitely did, and indeed continue to.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
You are one of the few people who think twenty20 cricket is equal for both and I am afraid no one can convince you against your adamancy.

Nobody has ever said it's completely equal - but what we have said is that it is not as skewed towards batting as you seem to think it is.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
I questioned the decision of the umpire but I did not moan over it as is made out.

You went on and on about it for days saying it was wrong, even though it was right.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mr Casson said:
I'm not talking about you bemoaning the decision; I was never under the impression that you did.
Atleast some one does not agree with Marc for the sake of it like Halsey.

I was talking about you questioning the decision itself. You have used a wide variety of words to describe it, including 'questionable' and 'wrong'. I'm telling you the decision was not wrong because the umpire had every reason to give it out. Now if you're going to answer this by saying "The umpire shouldn't have given it out because he couldn't be sure" then that is different to it being wrong. Wrong it was not; questionable as to why the umpire gave it out, perhaps. But there is no way at all that it can be both.

Water for your hole?
It was more a reaction like 'I dont think it should have been given out.' Hence wrongly given out. But it does not mean the umpire could not give it out.

I just questioned the decision.

I hope it has been clarified.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
I have watched some twenty20 cricket
2 games, neither of which is the final we talked about - no instead you decided the low scoring in the final was to do with the conditions, in spite of it being the same conditions as in the 2 higher-scoring semis.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
If other people keep going about it being not out for various reasons, I have ever right to show my case.

Erm, nobody else ever did though - because it was purely and simply correct.

You however continued to moan about it up until yesterday (when you started on the Giles LBW from yesterday - even though that too was correct)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
Nobody has ever said it's completely equal - but what we have said is that it is not as skewed towards batting as you seem to think it is.
It is not skewed towards bowling. Read the concerned thread to find which people have said its skewed or not.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
You went on and on about it for days saying it was wrong, even though it was right.
We were talking about the decision itself and I was not moaning over any thing.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Pratyush said:
Atleast some one does not agree with Marc for the sake of it like Halsey.

It was more a reaction like 'I dont think it should have been given out.' Hence wrongly given out. But it does not mean the umpire could not give it out.

I just questioned the decision.

I hope it has been clarified.
You used the word 'wrong'. Whether that was to describe the decision as plain wrong (meaning the ball would not have hit the stumps), or that the umpire was wrong to have given that out, it doesn't really matter. It wasn't wrong because he made a decision which for what it's worth now, was indeed correct.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mr Casson said:
You used the word 'wrong'. Whether that was to describe the decision as plain wrong (meaning the ball would not have hit the stumps), or that the umpire was wrong to have given that out, it doesn't really matter. It wasn't wrong because he made a decision which for what it's worth now, was indeed correct.
I used the word wrong as I believed and still do it was wrongly given out for the element of doubt.

The umpire believed it was out and gave it out.

Whether it was wrong or not does not show I have contradicted myself any where.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
Which bit of correct decision do you not get?!