• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BoyBrumby said:
Not true, James got another go against Sri Lanka at The Oval (I was there & had slash next to Bob Willis in lavs! :D ). We still contrived to lose after making 400-odd in the first tho. Think Murali took 16 (?).

Key looked a bit unlucky I reckon.

& that Andre Nel's a card, eh? No, not "card", what is the word?...Four letters, starts with a "c".... ;)
I must have gotten him mixed up with someone else, I can vividly remember someone getting caught behind off McGrath down the leg-side twice on debut.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
But he's told he hasn't moaned about umpires.

Then a bit later he said he'd never denied he'd not moaned about them!
Moaning would be crying over the decision and accusing ot for the match and after events etc. For me Dar had made some poor decisions but as I mentioned right in the beginning, it should not be thought to alter result of a match. I have argued over the decision itself when people said it was clearly out. Not moaned or any thing over the decision as I have accepted it. Just pointed it being a wrong one according to me.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
You don't even know what you're talking about now, Pratyush. When it happened you were calling it 'brave' and 'questionable' and saying that the umpire could not be certain. Now you're saying it was flat-out wrong. As it stands, the decision was NOT wrong because it fit all the criteria to be given LBW.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Tom Halsey said:
If your other one was contradictory, that is hypocritical.
It would be better to go on that thread and point out properly rather than calling me a hypocrite which is cheap and shows more about you than me.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mr Casson said:
You don't even know what you're talking about now, Pratyush. When it happened you were calling it 'brave' and 'questionable' and saying that the umpire could not be certain. As it stands, the decision was NOT wrong because it fit all the criteria to be given LBW.
I know what I am talking abuot. I questioned the decision and thought it should not be given out. But at no point did I moan over the decision like Marc contrives to.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Pratyush said:
It would be better to go on that thread and point out properly rather than calling me a hypocrite which is cheap and shows more about you than me.
Erm, you've contradicted yourself a few times, then complained about Marc contradicting himself.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Pratyush said:
I know what I am talking abuot. I questioned the decision and thought it should not be given out. But at no point did I moan over the decision like Marc contrives to.
Read post #2948. You called it wrong. It was not wrong. Whether or not it should be given out is different.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Pratyush replying to Casson said:
a) I know what I am talking abuot.

b) I questioned the decision and thought it should not be given out. But at no point did I moan over the decision like Marc contrives to.
a) You don't give a good impression of it.

b) Where did Marc complain about the decision?!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mr Casson said:
Read post #2948. You called it wrong. It was not wrong. Whether or not it should be given out is different.
I thought it was wrong in the sense of it being a mistake by an umpire. Should not have been given out. But I accept such decisions happen in cricket.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Tom Halsey said:
Erm, you've contradicted yourself a few times, then complained about Marc contradicting himself.
Show one place I have contradicted myself before opening your mouth. 8-)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Pratyush said:
Go to the concerned thread and contradict before I even try to convince you on any thing. 8-)
Yes, and there you said that the bowlers always had a rough time.

Then you come in here and say that if bowlers bowl well, they get decent figures.

If that isn't contradicting yourself, I'm a Dutchman's Uncle.