• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
I have blamed the umpire and I have not claimed and any point of not blaming the umpire.
So when you said:

"I have not moaned about umpiring decisions" you weren't actually saying that you were not blaming the umpires then?

You need to decide whether you did blame the umpires or not (which incidentally you quite clearly did, then claimed you didn't and finally claim that you didn't not blame them.

Pratyush said:
Stuff like you conjured up in a specific post where you said I said I put doubt on the second lbw decision cause I was proved wrong for last 4 days.
No, because yet again you fail to read what I say,

I said that in 4 days you were going to be shown to be wrong.

Nothing to do with the last 4 days.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Bugger, Tres out... Not a fantastic bit of calling from Strauss, but I think Tres could have made much more of an effort to get back there.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It's a case of batting time at the moment.

Strauss is in form, and Thorpe owes us another good knock.

40 minutes to lunch - need to do that without losing another one and then see off the next spells from Pollock and Ntini.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Another day, another 3 pathetic dismissals. If England EVER stopped throwing wickets away they would only have had to have batted one full innings and the odd quick 100-150 in each Test.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Pratyush said:
I wonder if you can actually bring some insight in posts rather than wondering about reasons behind my posts.

I put my point be known. And because you things its totally wrong, does not mean so. I respect the opinion of others as they do seem to have a point when they contradict. With its well.. no comments.
He did - he said the Umpire was right, which he was. I wish you'd stop moaning about Umpires...

With regards to today, Vaughan played one of the worst shots ever, Strauss made a rare mistake, and Key was possibly a bit unlucky, not sure though.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tom Halsey said:
He did - he said the Umpire was right, which he was. I wish you'd stop moaning about Umpires...
But he's told he hasn't moaned about umpires.

Then a bit later he said he'd never denied he'd not moaned about them!

Swervy

International Captain
Tom Halsey said:

With regards to today, Vaughan played one of the worst shots ever, Strauss made a rare mistake, and Key was possibly a bit unlucky, not sure though.
I always think a batsman is a tiny bit unlucky to get out like that..but the ball quite clearly glanced the bat,and so unlucky or not, thats out

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Key was also caught down the leg-side in the 3rd Test, he was playing more of a shot then but it was against the same bowler. This 'unlucky' method of dismissal didn't stop Glamorgan's opener James Test career lasting just the 1 Test.

Swervy

International Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Key was also caught down the leg-side in the 3rd Test, he was playing more of a shot then but it was against the same bowler. This 'unlucky' method of dismissal didn't stop Glamorgan's opener James Test career lasting just the 1 Test.
thems the breaks i guess

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Tom Halsey said:

What's this rare mistake by Strauss? Is it Trescothick's dismissal? It had me stumped for a while lol.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Scaly piscine said:
Not true, James got another go against Sri Lanka at The Oval (I was there & had slash next to Bob Willis in lavs! :D ). We still contrived to lose after making 400-odd in the first tho. Think Murali took 16 (?).

Key looked a bit unlucky I reckon.

& that Andre Nel's a card, eh? No, not "card", what is the word?...Four letters, starts with a "c".... ;)

Swervy

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
Not true, James got another go against Sri Lanka at The Oval (I was there & had slash next to Bob Willis in lavs! :D ). We still contrived to lose after making 400-odd in the first tho. Think Murali took 16 (?).

Key looked a bit unlucky I reckon.

& that Andre Nel's a card, eh? No, not "card", what is the word?...Four letters, starts with a "c".... ;)
isnt he just...would be good if he could back up all his 'vigorous' behaviour by actually bowling two good balls consecutively.

The term that springs to mind for me is 'waste of space'..(watch it..he will go on to take 7 wickets now) :D

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Swervy said:
isnt he just...would be good if he could back up all his 'vigorous' behaviour by actually bowling two good balls consecutively.

The term that springs to mind for me is 'waste of space'..(watch it..he will go on to take 7 wickets now) :D
No he won't.

Now Swervs, there's tempting fate and there's just plain ridiculous.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
Except I have never claimed anything about it being equal - that is a pure fabrication by you.
Then what was your reason for arguement in the twenty20 thread!? You just contradict for the sake of it?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
So when you said:

"I have not moaned about umpiring decisions" you weren't actually saying that you were not blaming the umpires then?

You need to decide whether you did blame the umpires or not (which incidentally you quite clearly did, then claimed you didn't and finally claim that you didn't not blame them.
I thought Dar made some bad decisions. So I blamed him. But I dont moan or cry over them. Its part of cricket.

No, because yet again you fail to read what I say,

I said that in 4 days you were going to be shown to be wrong.

Nothing to do with the last 4 days.
Okay regarding the predictions..

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Pratyush said:
I thought Dar made some bad decisions. So I blamed him. But I dont moan or cry over them. Its part of cricket.
That has to be one of the most contradictory comments I've ever seen. 8-)