• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
You couldnt find them could you? Its enough of a speculation for me to warrant a speculation on the English fan's reaction had the English collapsed for 100 odd on the first day which I did.
It's 2 posts out of thousands - I do apologise for not remembering them.

One of the posts isn't serious anyway!

As for the speculation, there is absolutely nothing to base it on, but since when has that stopped you in the past?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
Erm, did I not say that and get shouted down by you (who has hardly even watched the game) ?
I have watched two full games which is more than hardly even watched a game and followed a lot as well.

You said on the lines of it being more even than any thing and bowlers having a fair chance which is not true. You never said they have a hopeless chance else I wouldnt debate you on it.

Meaning he's playing as a bowler primarily.
If it suits the team composition, and its not a rigid number 8, he can go higher if required, why not? Dravid is not the best keeper but does he not play as a keeper batsman/

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Whether or not its the greenest pitch people have seen (Botham said it was the greenest he's ever seen) its how it plays that matters. Smith said the other day it tends to play better than it looks, and WI put them in on a green pitch last year and look what happened then :p

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
It's 2 posts out of thousands - I do apologise for not remembering them.

One of the posts isn't serious anyway!

As for the speculation, there is absolutely nothing to base it on, but since when has that stopped you in the past?
Its based on discussing pitch and more than usual, suiting its nature to the performance of Egnland except that collapse where the erratic shots of the batsmen were too evident.

Two out of thousands you call it? Well Considering it was before the match started a I said that, I guess it would be so difficult to find in 2-3 pages of about 30 pages and not thousands of posts.

But what will stop you from overlooking the point of some one else who you are so bent on over looking when you cant make one of your own.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
But I suppose in normal circumstances the fielder wouldn't have been there?

Although in a way it makes it worse!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
You said on the lines of it being more even than any thing and bowlers having a fair chance which is not true.

No I did not, I said that if the bowling is good it will be rewarded - at no point did I say anything about it being even.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
Two out of thousands you call it? Well Considering it was before the match started a I said that, I guess it would be so difficult to find in 2-3 pages of about 30 pages and not thousands of posts.

Yes because the pre-match was full of you insisting the LBW decision was wrong (this is the same you who claim to have not moaned about the umpires!)

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
I guess Boje was out-thought, but the rest were poor batting.

Only Kallis was truly beaten.
I've noticed Freddie is JUST finding that outswinger he had got going before his double hernia op. Took him long enough to ...and he's probably gonna be out for 4 months and loose it again! :blink:

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
Boje's was a god-awful piece of shot selection, falling straight into England's short narrow mid-off trap.
Was very similar to how Trescothick got out earlier. Maybe he had that in mind when he set it.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
What I actually said was that good bowling gets rewarded in Twenty20 - far from what you claim I've said.
When you get proven wrong on your twenty20 arguements, you claim different things. I have talked enough about twenty20 on the concerned hread and prove me wrong there if you can. And you claim I said England would never win a test in South Africa.

How exactly?

He is in the side as a bowler predominantly (since he's being sent in at number 8)

If he were in as an all-rounder he would be batting a bit above 8.
Players like Kaif contribute at 7 as batsmen. Razzaq used to bat at 7-8 for a while. People can contribute with the bat at that position as well. You play the best team composition and if it means making some adjustments, its not far fetched.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
SpaceMonkey said:
I've noticed Freddie is JUST finding that outswinger he had got going before his double hernia op. Took him long enough to ...and he's probably gonna be out for 4 months and loose it again! :blink:
No offence, this isn't aimed at you personally, but when did the word lose get replaced by the word loose, am i missing something here? it seems everyone on the internet spells it that way now.

It must be me, but surely the word loose still means baggy right?

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
superkingdave said:
No offence, this isn't aimed at you personally, but when did the word lose get replaced by the word loose, am i missing something here? it seems everyone on the internet spells it that way now.

It's because the world is becoming ever so gradually illiterate.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
(this is the same you who claim to have not moaned about the umpires!)
I have not moaned for whatever reason. Girls do that.

I have blamed the umpire and I have not claimed and any point of not blaming the umpire. It doesnt alter the course of the match so its more to do with the decision rather than any thing else.

Stuff like you conjured up in a specific post where you said I said I put doubt on the second lbw decision cause I was proved wrong for last 4 days. Apart from the lbw decision, not many other things I wrote was questioned. So out goes the theory of me being proved wrong for 4 days any way.

indie2

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Neil Pickup said:
It's because the world is becoming ever so gradually illiterate.
It's because the world is, ever so gradually, becoming illiterate. :D

[sorry, the older one gets, the more it matters...]

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
superkingdave said:

Nah its just the fact i can't spell or proof read my posts before posting them.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
SpaceMonkey said:
Was very similar to how Trescothick got out earlier. Maybe he had that in mind when he set it.
IIRC Boje was out playing back to the bowler in one of the previous Tests, hence the field being set like it was.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
When you get proven wrong on your twenty20 arguements, you claim different things.

Except I have never claimed anything about it being equal - that is a pure fabrication by you.