• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Boo. That's not good for cricket. Beat 'em properly.
Normally yes :) but ive had these visions where England lose the toss and get bowled out for 50 on the greenist wicket ever produced! :blink:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
If England win the series because sufficient overs are not bowled in the game, should the South African fans blame the weather? No

Should the English fans blame the pitch if their batting collapses and they lose ? Absolutely not.

Luck plays a part in sport but over a 5 match series, I would imagine it evens out in more ways than one.

tooextracool

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Boo. That's not good for cricket. Beat 'em properly.
well considering that england would quite likely have won had it not been for bad light in durban, i dont see how that really matters anymore.

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
i personally would like to see the weather improving because i want to see the harmison that we saw last summer bowling then i will ave some hope for next summer

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SpeedKing said:
i personally would like to see the weather improving because i want to see the harmison that we saw last summer bowling then i will ave some hope for next summer
Well there's a Harmison playing in Bangalore, dunno if there'll be one playing at Centurion tomorrow. There are a few theories out there on who England will pick.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
tooextracool said:
conversely someone like shephard who is really experienced might have made more correct decisions than anyone else ATM, yet he might have made many many wrong decisions too, far more than say an inexperienced umpire. the best way to look at it then is to take a ratio between the number of right and wrong decisions.
It doesn't have to be by aggregate; most correct decisions on average would suffice.

Hoggy31

International Captain
geez, Harmison going at nearly 5 an over, he better hope he doesn't bowl like this against Australia...