• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

redt-maker

Cricket Spectator
superkingdave said:
fortunately the whole of the computer systems for my department were down for the whole day so i got to keep up to date and have a hour and a half lunch in the pub, so i caught some of it. Ah the wonders of IT outsourcing in the public sector- god bless Cap Gemeni
:lamo: We aim to please and 'aspire' to watching cricket all day every day 8-)

Sulphate

Cricket Spectator
chris.hinton said:
Marc they are poor side... only Kallis and Pollock are good enough to get into englands team
Ntini would walk into Englands team, and a place would be found for Gibbs most probably.

twctopcat

International Regular
England are number 2 in the world for sure now, but that means nothing unless we beat the aussies. If everyone is on fire then the ashes will be competitive, but only this, because you know warne and mcgrath will perform, they always do. There is a lot of time but as TEC says, very little test cricket inbetween, form has to be found somewhere.

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
twctopcat said:
England are number 2 in the world for sure now, but that means nothing unless we beat the aussies. If everyone is on fire then the ashes will be competitive, but only this, because you know warne and mcgrath will perform, they always do. There is a lot of time but as TEC says, very little test cricket inbetween, form has to be found somewhere.
mcgrath and warne will perform for aus my prediction is strauss and vaughn will for england, harmy will be a bit overawed, flintoff will have a comce comca series, hoggard will keep it tight and hopefully simon jones will be smashed everywhere :D

twctopcat

International Regular
Hit4Six said:
mcgrath and warne will perform for aus my prediction is strauss and vaughn will for england, harmy will be a bit overawed, flintoff will have a comce comca series, hoggard will keep it tight and hopefully simon jones will be smashed everywhere :D
whats a comca series? I hope it means excellent!!!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
it means like this like that, meaning he'll have an average series

on another note i just saw Flintoffs dismissal of Pollock, it was an awesome ball

Marcus

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
twctopcat I'm gonna have to wait a couple of weeks to see it, and boy am i angry!!

Totallly agree......y cant there be any terristrial highlights? surely sky wouldnt begrudge that..although knowing murdoch i dont know......its disgusting how one of the best tests (or last days play) will only be seen on a special dvd......although wot a win...hoggard brilliant...and in relation to wheather south african players would get into England i believe that half that team would particullary Gibbs, Smith, Kallis and Ntini :D

Langeveldt

Soutie
Marcus said:
twctopcat I'm gonna have to wait a couple of weeks to see it, and boy am i angry!!

Totallly agree......y cant there be any terristrial highlights? surely sky wouldnt begrudge that..although knowing murdoch i dont know......its disgusting how one of the best tests (or last days play) will only be seen on a special dvd......although wot a win...hoggard brilliant...and in relation to wheather south african players would get into England i believe that half that team would particullary Gibbs, Smith, Kallis and Ntini :D
Just one of the "perks" of living in the home of cricket.. Its the populace who want football, and any other sport does not get a look in, save for the odd rugby match..

And remember, if you happen to be in the UK in a couple of years time, you won't be able to watch the Lords test on TV.. However at my mates house, up in the remote mountains near Fujairah in Oman, full satellite coverage for just a few dollars a month.. No problems!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just been watching the highlights (afraid I pay my 30 pieces of silver to Murdoch). Hoggy's two balls to dismiss Rudolph & Kallis were just perfect; late in-swinger of good length to bowl the left-hander & another good length ball on the right hander's off stump he had to play at. Luckily Kallis good enough to get a nick as it left him.

Harmy showed a bit of form, should've had a wicket but Vaughan shelled a sitter. Flintoff showed no signs of his tear, his last spell was genuinely fast. Nothing below 87mph & more than a few over 90.

I guess it's encouraging that we can play a lot better, but we have to have all our players firing if we're to compete with the crims this summer.

Interesting to hear Big Dunc after the match. He was speaking of Centurion now being a “grassy” pitch. Made me wonder if he was hinting at dispensing with Ash Giles’s services.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
BoyBrumby said:
Interesting to hear Big Dunc after the match. He was speaking of Centurion now being a “grassy” pitch. Made me wonder if he was hinting at dispensing with Ash Giles’s services.
Well according to the interview i saw he was saying the opposite. How it use to help the seamers but now is much flater and takes spin.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
SpaceMonkey said:
Well according to the interview i saw he was saying the opposite. How it use to help the seamers but now is much flater and takes spin.
One of the commentators also mentioned it to be a batting track.

I do guess that there will be good amount of grass left on the pitch though.