• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Pakistan

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I cannot believe they super-subbed Solanki for Anderson, hence making him bat at 10. A bit late I reckon. When they super-subbed Jones off for Solanki against Aus earlier in the year at least there was some sense in that (although Gough would have been the better choice), but with already 8 wickets down?

Plus, imagine if Solanki got a golden or something. Talk about pressure to score :ph34r:

Last edited:

Beleg

International Regular
Inzamam apparantly got hold of the same thing Trescothick was smoking - what's the point in bowling Arshad Khan and Malik when you are providing them with four men inside the circle?

Though, to be honest, 220 is a far better target to bowl at than, say, 150 - even at the expense of a bowler.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
What the HELL is wrong with Inzamam? Get bloody Akhtar and Rana in there and finish them off! The only reason why he could be doing this, unless he is completely mad, is to give himself a chance to rack up another 50. I honestly hope that Pakistan lose now, due to this idiocy.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
Well, at least there will be a game of it now.

Edit: And Arshad Khan is STILL bowling... I think I'm going to tear out my hair now.

Last edited:

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
Very mediocre effort in the field by Pakistan. They had England where they should've - 130/8 - and then foolishly gave 100 extras. Inzamam is an idiot for giving Plukett and Solanki 10 torturous overs of crap spin.

Beleg

International Regular
There you go. Good fightback by the English batsmen. The wisdom of sending in Solanki showing off. :D

I still think that the total could have been comfortably less if Inzamam had not been so hell-bent on bowling his spinners. They did talk about being behind on the over-rated though so perhaps that might have been an issue in his mind.

This is one of those tricky totals where the team can be divided on the approach to choose - should they go out all guns blazing? or should they take their time?