• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's apperently going to be the same pitch, which makes the toss a lot more important than the first game. I don't think even that pancake will completely hold together for a 6th or 7th innings. Note that it's England's turn to win the toss.

Having the 2 frontline spinners plus Root would reduce the workload on Stokes even more, especially on what promises to be a friendlier wicket for spinners (could hardly have been less friendly for most of the first Test!). Yes, he’s bowling in the nets and looking good, but it’s a tough ask to go from not being fit enough to bowl at all, to potentially bowling 30 overs
Jimmy hinting that Stokes will bowl, with the spinners helping curb his workload

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Where the hell is Naseem Shah? Afridi I get, but Naseem I don’t think was that bad in difficult conditions in the first Test and is their most threatening pacer
Naseem indeed looked like only one capable of getting wickets so it is weird that they dropped him.
I guess he has fitness issues when it comes to test cricket. Didn't played second test vs BD as well.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Stroke hasnt been great in asia apart from good performance here and there
He struggles on turning wickets and against quality spinners. Neither issues would have been relevant in the previous test. If he got out it would have been likely a case of throwing it away rather than succumbing to his own fundamental weaknesses.

He struggles on turning wickets and against quality spinners. Neither issues would have been relevant in the previous test. If he got out it would have been likely a case of throwing it away rather than succumbing to his own fundamental weaknesses.
Your second point might be the key one here, the pitch may turn more than the first Test, but you’ve still got to be good enough to take advantage, and Leach was far superior to any Pakistan spinner in the first Test

govinda indian fan

State 12th Man
Yes but they are saying its gonna be turning wicket this time

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When I joked on day 3 that they could use the same pitch for the 2nd test I wasn't being serious but it shows how muddled the thinking is if they are using it. Wonder how big the cracks are now?