• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand 2018

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
steve next game if you could trash talk our top order that would be great
Haha it's fool proof I sledge you, you immediately perform. I'll be at Wednesday's game but will be sure to log on.

YOU ARE A GENIUS MITCHELL JOSEF SANTNER

Flem274*

123/5
Guess you have small balls too :laugh:
could do, but i put them on the line

you'll have to wait another day for an nz loss my man. in the meantime you could have a think on fringe or unproven players you rate rather than just running off at the mouth when nz are losing like the coward you are

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Now that was a game I didn't think NZ would win, especially after that start. Taylor and Latham seem to be a very good combination. Unusually clinical finishing there from Santner, well done.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain

you'll have to wait another day for an nz loss my man. in the meantime you could have a think on fringe or unproven players you rate rather than just running off at the mouth when nz are losing like the coward you are
Put them on the line how? You pusseid out when I told you to put money on NZ.

You're acting as if I bag everyone and think we need need another star, when in reality think we need another bit player to help Guptill, Kane and Taylor.

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

You're acting as if I bag anyone and think we need need another star when in reality we need another bit player to help Guptill, Kane and Taylor.
big smacc

Flem will do well to recover

thundaboult

International Debutant
BRILLIANT. This is a huge confidence booster for New Zealand as a whole....just beat a quality limited overs side in a tight finish. Maybe instead of looking at it as, oh england just beat oz in oz 4-1 so they'll cake walk nz in nz...change it to, well this ain't oz, is it m8? This is NZ and they're a damn good unit in 50 over cricket at the moment, especially at home. Should be a tight series. Hopefully, it does turn out to be a tight series, expecting some more excitement! And hopefully Mitch Santa finally realizes that boundary hitting is what he's supposed to do in ODI's and T20's instead of the off side pokies he plays AD NAUSEAM. Great confidence booster for him and should do him a whole lotta good. Just carried his team home in a pressure situation against a decent bowling attack. Props.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Another hundred for Ross, 35 now split evenly between tests and ODI's. Pretty solid claim to the NZ ODI GOAT (though Gup may yet run him down in that regard). And while a test average of 48 flatters him a bit (he averages 258 in Zimbabwe and 7 in South Africa) he's still pretty undeniably one the top 5 NZ bats of all time. A real once in a generation player.

thundaboult

International Debutant

You're acting as if I bag everyone and think we need need another star, when in reality think we need another bit player to help Guptill, Kane and Taylor.
Ouch. Good one son

thundaboult

International Debutant

I think you'd be better off sticking to talking about the cricket, not **** and testies. Punk sure does get under your skin and you make it butt-hurtingly obvious goin after a man's physical dimensions and *** life. Keep it classy :laugh:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Another hundred for Ross, 35 now split evenly between tests and ODI's. Pretty solid claim to the NZ ODI GOAT (though Gup may yet run him down in that regard). And while a test average of 48 flatters him a bit (he averages 258 in Zimbabwe and 7 in South Africa) he's still pretty undeniably one the top 5 NZ bats of all time. A real once in a generation player.
It was a brilliantly paced innings. Commentators also said he's been working on staying side-on and opening himself up to the offside more, which made me realise that yeah, I've seen him front-on and squared up a whole lot less lately than he was there for a season or two.

So basically WAG.

The Hutt Rec

It was a brilliantly paced innings. Commentators also said he's been working on staying side-on and opening himself up to the offside more, which made me realise that yeah, I've seen him front-on and squared up a whole lot less lately than he was there for a season or two.

So basically WAG.
He seems to constantly be refining and adjusting his technique, based on interviews I've read with him over the years. I think it shows how intelligent he is, and he'll make a great batting coach one day.

Flem274*

123/5
I think you'd be better off sticking to talking about the cricket, not **** and testies. Punk sure does get under your skin and you make it butt-hurtingly obvious goin after a man's physical dimensions and *** life. Keep it classy :laugh:
nah, i was interested in having a poke for the reason why someone only comes to a forum to put the boot in when their team is losing and seemingly loves it. something must be lacking in their life.

i come here win or lose because im an exceptionally boring person, and i have no class so don't bother asking for it.

probably didn't make for great reading though so whoops but still better reading than the whining after the MCG t20 game

Flem274*

123/5
yeah he's almost quietly just gotten better with age. probably more mechanical than he was in youth but it's transferred into consistency, and post eye surgery he's bringing back shots he shelved for a while there like the pull and hook shots.

that record in SA does need fixing, even if it's only 4 tests (2 of which were his dayboo series where papps and cumming had an infamous time of it). it is a bit of a hole but oh well most sub 50 batsmen have gaps somewhere.

Moss

He seems to constantly be refining and adjusting his technique, based on interviews I've read with him over the years. I think it shows how intelligent he is, and he'll make a great batting coach one day.
The rejuvenation of Taylor post captaincygate in 2012 has been a real success story, he deserves immense credit for it.

Also, Latham's innings today is why I'd always have him as a squad player if not an automatic choice in the starting XI. He has this ability to somehow score and maintain a fair clip when the others have got absolutely stuck. Hit the ball in unusual areas and just get on with the game. A really fluent player on his day, though of course his ODI career has been schizophrenic to say the least.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah he's almost quietly just gotten better with age. probably more mechanical than he was in youth but it's transferred into consistency, and post eye surgery he's bringing back shots he shelved for a while there like the pull and hook shots.

that record in SA does need fixing, even if it's only 4 tests (2 of which were his dayboo series where papps and cumming had an infamous time of it). it is a bit of a hole but oh well most sub 50 batsmen have gaps somewhere.
Most >50 batsmen have them too.

BeeGee

International Captain
After a glut of T20 cricket this game was a breath of fresh air. People keep saying 50 over cricket will die, but it is vastly superior to T20 in almost every way. Bowlers can actually compete and apply strategies. Batsmen have time to build an innings.

T20 is like playing chess with all queens. It's one dimensional and shallow.

Last edited: