• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand 2018

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Santner is just an absolute liability in LO cricket with the bat. He is genuinely terrible at scoring at any rate
Yeah it's just awful watching him in this kind of situation. He can stay in but what's the use of that when he'll struggle to score at a strike rate above 50 (unless half volleys).

We're picking our four best bowlers, or near enough to, but it does make our tail god-awful. Ferguson, Henry no better. Astle is a touch.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
It sucks because he's an essential bowling option who has a lot of potential with the bat.
Problem is he can't play pace. I'm convinced his eyes are no good. Bowling the spinner probably the worst idea to him, only thing he can hit

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Say more bad things about Santner!

But seriously England, the only place he can hit is over long-on when you bowl half volleys or full tosses.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
And now Joe Public will think he's awesome and Hesson will keep backing him. Oh well if we win I'll love him like he's a God of the sport

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
And now Joe Public will think he's awesome and Hesson will keep backing him. Oh well if we win I'll love him like he's a God of the sport
He should obviously be in the side on bowling alone anyway though. Unless you're just advocating he bats ten?

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Why the hate? He's an awesome bowler, I know his batting can be frustrating but that shouldn't take away from his value to the team.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
4 from Santner :ph34r:

10 off 7.

That's a no ball................... second one missed. That's 2 free hits and 2 runs...

Last edited: