• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Namibia and Zimbabwe

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
go vikram solanki paste them all over harare , anything less against that attack is poor :P !!!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
6-24-0 isn't terrible - don't think anyone needs to be shot for those.
So far he hasn't had too bad a series, has he? Not bad enough to make him look like his snide dismissals were correct, certainly.
How predictable.

The fact that he had 2 of those overs for 1 run against numbers 10 and 11 doesn't count then?

I didn't think even you would be so blinkered as to continue to defend him after this game, the sooner he's out the better.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You'd say exactly the opposite if it was Harmison or someone.
No, it doesn't count for much but it counts - his overall series record is perfectly fine, is it not?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
You'd say exactly the opposite if it was Harmison or someone.
No, it doesn't count for much but it counts - his overall series record is perfectly fine, is it not?
When the pressure was on he bowled 4 overs for 23.
When the last pair were together just playing out time he bowled 2 overs for 1 run.

How is that a reasonable performance, especially bearing in mind the rate that Zimbabwe scored at over the innings?

Yet again you try to defend him when he has significantly underperformed against the team's efforts.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
matsi and ebrahim putting on a very good partnership... could this be the game where Zimbabwe gets up?!? I think theyll have some trouble against Giles but the likes of Jones, Wharf, Anderson and Collingwood arent asking many questions at the mo. Go Zimbabwe!! Go Ebrahim :)

HONDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
i love talking to myself :)
man zimbabwe are handling the spin well early on, i thought thats where the problems might be. If they get to 220+, who knows.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
From 130odd-1 after 30 that's not the best of final scores - still more than England should've given up though.

Interesting that Vaughan bowled 8 overs of himself, but didn't give Pietersen a go...

Link

State Vice-Captain
Although England are still going to beat Zimbabwe. I dont think that the victory will be a confidence booster. Because allowing Zimbabwe to score that amount of runs against you, with their team in the state its in, is not something to be proud of. :mellow:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Link said:
Although England are still going to beat Zimbabwe. I dont think that the victory will be a confidence booster. Because allowing Zimbabwe to score that amount of runs against you, with their team in the state its in, is not something to be proud of. :mellow:
Given that the par score on that pitch is probably 300+ it's not worth worrying about really.

Link

State Vice-Captain
Anyhow, england are about to romp home with the win. I still think thats a partial embarressment to let Zimbabwe score that much. Anyway im still proud of my team. Winning is winning at the end of the day.
(Go on Solanki)

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Your opinion of Jones' bowling? A performance of 2/43 is not too bad, despite the ER. He took an early wicket. I couldn't see the match since my box was down all day. And somebody's wish came true. What do you think of Solanki's hundred? Pity he can't do this so often.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Link said:
Anyhow, england are about to romp home with the win. I still think thats a partial embarressment to let Zimbabwe score that much.
If the par score for a wicket is 300 or so, and you restrict them to 80% of that then it is far from an embarrassment

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nnanden said:
matsi and ebrahim putting on a very good partnership... could this be the game where Zimbabwe gets up?!? I think theyll have some trouble against Giles but the likes of Jones, Wharf, Anderson and Collingwood arent asking many questions at the mo. Go Zimbabwe!! Go Ebrahim :)

HONDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
7-44-0, :p :p :p :p
Panyangara and Chigumbura get smashed all over the place again, surprise surprise.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
When the pressure was on he bowled 4 overs for 23.
When the last pair were together just playing out time he bowled 2 overs for 1 run.

How is that a reasonable performance, especially bearing in mind the rate that Zimbabwe scored at over the innings?

Yet again you try to defend him when he has significantly underperformed against the team's efforts.
Yet he has still got figures that are perfectly acceptible.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hope England bat first tomorrow, just to see how many Zim's bowlers go for. I reckon England could make 350+ if they went for it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
Yet he has still got figures that are perfectly acceptible.
In the context of the innings they were poor.

Without the last 2 overs they were very very poor.

Yet again he's performed worse than the rest of the attack, yet you continue to say he's been acceptable.

And he's a player you like, funny coincidence there.