• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Namibia and Zimbabwe

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
wpdavid said:
Looks like Pietersen & Jones batted well - and someone needed to. Doesn't Pietersen bowl some off-spin too?
Think so. If I remember rightly, Pietersen had scored 9* off 29 balls at one point...and then blitzed. Funny how it just goes from complete disaster to easy runs, though...

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I see Gough has brought on at the end to improve his figures... was 0-23 off 4 overs in an innings barely in 3 figures.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
I see Gough has brought on at the end to improve his figures... was 0-23 off 4 overs. in an innings barely in 3 figures.
Not great, but neither of the openers exactly covered themselves in glory. I thought Anderson's 9 wides were obscene for someone who's supposed to do this for a living.

Scaly piscine

Good margin in the end, 161 runs. Jones the keeper deserves a mention as well for his 66 off 46 balls. Collingwood ends up with comical bowling figures of 10-4-16-3 and Wharf with 6-1-24-4 and Gough ends up wicketless and my fantasy team rakes in another shedload of points.

V Reddy

International Debutant
I hope they encourage the bowling of Pieterson as they don't seem to be giving him any bowling oppurtunities. He seems a certainity now in the team and so his bowling would provide more bowling options

twctopcat

International Regular
Scaly piscine said:
Good margin in the end, 161 runs. Jones the keeper deserves a mention as well for his 66 off 46 balls. Collingwood ends up with comical bowling figures of 10-4-16-3 and Wharf with 6-1-24-4 and Gough ends up wicketless and my fantasy team rakes in another shedload of points.
Exactly.All credit to collingwood who apparently bowled very tightly but by the sounds of things wharf got 4 soft wickets. I'm still not sure about him.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Scaly piscine said:
Damn right. I scored 111. :D

Scaly piscine

Samuel_Vimes said:
Damn right. I scored 111. :D
136 points here, I'd have been looking a bit better if one of the matches in the series hadn't bitten the dust. Should get me in the top 100 anyways.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
I see Gough has brought on at the end to improve his figures... was 0-23 off 4 overs in an innings barely in 3 figures.
So no doubt we'll be told that his figures aren't poor and he shouldn't be dropped permanently...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
V Reddy said:
I hope they encourage the bowling of Pieterson as they don't seem to be giving him any bowling oppurtunities. He seems a certainity now in the team and so his bowling would provide more bowling options
Pietersen is far from a certainty in the side - he's not even on the SA tour is he?

When Flintoff and Trescothick return then it'll be Pietersen and an opener (hopefully Solanki but more likely Bell) that drop out.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The Baconator said:
much easier win than on Sunday, good to see Jones finally peroming with the bat in a 1 day game
Zimbabwe bowled really well till Pieterson and Jones had that partnership.. England were struggling till that point of time. So not as easy as the ultimate score card shows. Zimbabwe did give England a run early on..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The Baconator said:
much easier win than on Sunday, good to see Jones finally peroming with the bat in a 1 day game
I wouldn't make too much of a Zimbabwe game, myself.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
So no doubt we'll be told that his figures aren't poor and he shouldn't be dropped permanently...
6-24-0 isn't terrible - don't think anyone needs to be shot for those.
So far he hasn't had too bad a series, has he? Not bad enough to make him look like his snide dismissals were correct, certainly.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pratyush said:
Nothing could be done really the way Pieterson and Jones played....
Let's hope Solanki and Strauss smash him all over Queen's next time.
And no, I don't rate Solanki, but I don't really want to see anyone average 21.16 against post-WC2003 Zimbabwe, as he currently does.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Richard said:
Let's hope Solanki and Strauss smash him all over Queen's next time.
And no, I don't rate Solanki, but I don't really want to see anyone average 21.16 against post-WC2003 Zimbabwe, as he currently does.
Solanki played poorly in the last match.

Also I felt Bell played totally irresponsibly giving chances 2-3 times before finally getting out... Making a good rn in the first match shouldnt have meant that Bell play in such a manner in the second one dayer..

And the bowler has a lot of talent.. he is very young and will gain a yard or two of pace in some years. If he stays away from injury, keeps learning, he is a real find for Zimbabwe..