• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I was lucky enough to watch these guys live in Hyderabad tear Australia apart in 2013 with a massive partnership, including a ballistic last session. Hope they do that this session.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
wonder if theyl set a record for most tons in a series

they've got 5 tests and 2 super strong batting sides.

in fact im calling it now - this series will feature the most tons ever
I doubt we'll see another pitch like this tbh

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
wonder if theyl set a record for most tons in a series

they've got 5 tests and 2 super strong batting sides.

in fact im calling it now - this series will feature the most tons ever
Seriously hoping that we are not going to have 5 tests on tracks like this.

I'm tipping that the ECB struck a deal with the BCCI that we have at least one no result wicket so that we don't go down 5 zip.

91Jmay

International Coach
Woakes has bowled really nicely here for the most part. Given almost nothing away and created a few chances.

91 dot balls out of 108 sent down.

Raffski

School Boy/Girl Captain
lol that review by Cook is the most interesting thing the boring bloke has ever done as captain. Just wasted it despite it hitting the bat since he knew he'd lose it after 80 overs anyway.

SOoo good
How can you forget his single test wicket

Shri

Mr. Glass
Man if Kohli comes in at 2-300 or something and scores runs on this flat track the wahhhhs are gonna be amazing. Hope it happens.
He should pull an Abdv and score a quick hundred as fast as he possibly can to give us a shot at winning this test.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well done Vijay. Flat track but came in with 500 on the board and has done well (despite the drop)

91Jmay

International Coach
So India should have a lead by roughly lunch tomorrow? Bat all day tomorrow and they will have a good chance to win game you'd think.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hopefully Pujara can 2012 this bitch and turn it on. He used to do it back then, just went up another gear once he was set and on a good score.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Reminds me of this match: 1st Test: Pakistan v India at Lahore, Jan 13-17, 2006 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Where Indians were saying how flat the pitch was in the first innings and people were saying "nah you have to wait for the second innings and India bats, you're just saying that cos you're getting smacked around"

Cue 0/400

A flat pitch is a flat pitch, don't need to take it as an attack on Root or Stokes achievements, or the general good batting of England. But let's not pretend this wasn't flat and 400 would have been an awesome score.
Thanks Jono. That reminded me of this match. One of the all time great test matches

3rd Test: Pakistan v India at Karachi, Jan 29-Feb 1, 2006 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

91Jmay

International Coach
Ansari so inaccurate for someone who doesn't really rip it. Need a spell from Stokes/Broad here. Woakes bowled well but other end just relieved any pressure.