• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Reminds me of this match: 1st Test: Pakistan v India at Lahore, Jan 13-17, 2006 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Where Indians were saying how flat the pitch was in the first innings and people were saying "nah you have to wait for the second innings and India bats, you're just saying that cos you're getting smacked around"

Cue 0/400

A flat pitch is a flat pitch, don't need to take it as an attack on Root or Stokes achievements, or the general good batting of England. But let's not pretend this wasn't flat and 400 would have been an awesome score.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe the pre-series Gambhirers were right....

Though of course don't judge the pitch until both sides batted on it, could be another 600 v 600 pitch like at Cape Town earlier in the year. That said, that's not good for India with Anderson back soon.....
This looking pretty solid right now.....

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
This pitch was flat as **** from the first ball, its why India won the first session on day 1. If they didn't get those 3 wickets (plus all those drops) England should have got 600+

Its also why Howe was wrong, and 400-450 was par.

Why suddeny people are realising it is weird. Like we needed to see Aziz Ansari's brother to get hit around for it to finally be proven this was flat.
Settle petal. I was under no illusion that it wasn't flat from ball one.......and I;m certainly not surprised that India have done this in return.

But c'mon man.....you can't think this is good test cricket compared to what we've seen of late??

And yes.......of course there is bias on my part to call this now and not this time yesterday. Happily admit to that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Man if Kohli comes in at 2-300 or something and scores runs on this flat track the wahhhhs are gonna be amazing. Hope it happens.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Settle petal. I was under no illusion that it wasn't flat from ball one.......and I;m certainly not surprised that India have done this in return.

But c'mon man.....you can't think this is good test cricket compared to what we've seen of late??

And yes.......of course there is bias on my part to call this now and not this time yesterday. Happily admit to that.
Of course its **** for cricket, I noted how flat and boring this pitch was immediately on day 1 session 1.

Still could break up hopefully and give us a good finish, but unlikely.

Blocky

Banned
Meandering to a draw, unless Kohli comes out and spanks it around, these two are great at the grind but don't advance the game.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
It's kind of worrying that our spinners have been decent by all accounts, but still unthreatening.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
66 runs in that session is fairly rough. Hopefully Pujara goes into 2012 mode. Starts slow then goes beserk randomly.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah.. pitch definitely doing that bit more now than the first two days. But the issue is the pace is so slow that batsmen are able to adjust. The best damage can probably done by spinners with the new ball or seamers with the old ball with reverse swing at pace coming in.