• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Root having a, shall we say, abrasive personality is hardly news, no?
Actually I thought he was more the kind who will try to annoy the opposition without going full **** mode. That is why it surprised me, I guess. Which is why I posted it. Thought he would be more Miranda's than McGrath or Anderson if u get my drift.

Bijed

International Regular
Actually I thought he was more the kind who will try to annoy the opposition without going full **** mode. That is why it surprised me, I guess. Which is why I posted it. Thought he would be more Miranda's than McGrath or Anderson if u get my drift.
Yeah, pretty much my thoughts. I guess it's what can happen on yet another tough day of a long, difficult tour so I'm not going to judge him too much as long as it's something we don't see more of.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Judging any person's entire character based on one heat of the moment incident seems a little bit...silly

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I am all for sledging but it strikes me as particularly weak that someone like Root who got bullied by Warner and other big boys himself would go after a semi-debutant, probably frustrated at the flatness of the pitch on which he himself as usual filled his boots. Would love to see if Root would have the gall to sledge Kohli, Wahab, Steyn or any of the Australians. Such a **** thing to do to pick on the softest target. Hope India get a lead and the pitch crumbles. Ickle Rootie will keep his trap firmly shut if that happens.
lol. How exactly would you have liked Root to stand up to Warner punching him in that nightclub? Should Root of knifed him as retribution? That would have put an end to the Warner bullying amirite?

And Root has plenty to say to most players.

And I'm sure Kohli throwing the ball at Dawson wasn't meant as an attempt at intimidation of a player on debut, amirite?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol. How exactly would you have liked Root to stand up to Warner punching him in that nightclub? Should Root of knifed him as retribution? That would have put an end to the Warner bullying amirite?

And Root has plenty to say to most players.

And I'm sure Kohli throwing the ball at Dawson wasn't meant as an attempt at intimidation of a player on debut, amirite?

Did you even see the incident? He was throwing off balance when they were going for a quick single. If that was intentional, Kohli must have inhuman reflexes.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, pretty much my thoughts. I guess it's what can happen on yet another tough day of a long, difficult tour so I'm not going to judge him too much as long as it's something we don't see more of.

Fair enough. Guess being a dad changed even Warner. So maybe the impending arrival of Root Jr. should calm him down even more and as you said, this is a first in my time of watching him. So I should give him the benefit of the doubt. But it just came across in such a bad way and that is why I reacted in that post, I guess.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was very poor behaviour by Root, could cause a serious injury. Uncharacteristic from him, he always seems to be having fun and playing pranks on the field.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Draw written all over this match, since about Day 1 lol! Pitch was never going to be anything but a featherbed, cheap runs on offer for all.
Good on Rahul for making it count & build his confidence for future.
Pujara & Kohli having already scored so heavily in the series that they lacked some of the extra motivation to apply themselves & easily score big.. and instead went back to relax in the dressing room (cbf) as we could make out from the shots of the dressing room lol

And Nair who doesn't appear Test-class will now score big as well and secure his spot in the squad (which will in effect deny the more deserving batsmen.)

OverratedSanity

Kohli's been talking a lot of absolute ****e in press conferences this series. It's entertaining, but most of it is blatant trolling.

"Come on, England, you can't keep defending on spinning tracks. Where's teh #intent?" A few days later-----> "Lol England, you can't be that aggressive, you need to defend. Git gud scrubz"

"I'm cultivating a culture where personal milestones mean nothing" A few days later ---------> Entire dressing room in stunned silence when Rahul misses a personal milestone

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
But I am not judging his character as a person as such. Just how he is on a cricket field.
Point still stands though doesn't it hb? One incident doesn't mean you can judge how he always behaves, just as a fast bowler who checks on an injured opponent isn't automatically a top geezer

Burgey

No sir. It's obvious Root was sore by the way he was having a go at Nair for reverse sweeping him. This was just an extension. You should have a word with yourself for calling facts ****.
Tbf the reverse sweep is an affront to any bowler, even a part timer. Invites a beamer next ball, which should be allowed under the laws of cricket.