• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Point still stands though doesn't it hb? One incident doesn't mean you can judge how he always behaves, just as a fast bowler who checks on an injured opponent isn't automatically a top geezer

Well, yes, in my very next post I did mention I should give him the benefit of the doubt and that the earlier post was more of an immediate reaction. But come on, as far as this incident goes, even you gotta admit he was being a ****.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Point still stands though doesn't it hb? One incident doesn't mean you can judge how he always behaves, just as a fast bowler who checks on an injured opponent isn't automatically a top geezer

While that part is true, I should say my respect for Ben Stokes has gone up hugely. Its obvious he does react and sledge and stuff, but he seems to do it in the right spirit and seems to ensure he congratulates them when they do well even if he gives them some lip when bowling or whatever. He seems to be the more normal competitive guy who recognizes good cricket even from the opponents. Root or Anderson haven't come across that way all series tbh. Its not just coz he shakes the opponent's hand after a good knock, its from his interviews and stuff, he seems to genuinely recognize when the opposition plays good cricket. Its something I am seeing more with Kohli too since the days of 2012 and its nice to see these sort of blokes in cricket. Does this mean they wont sledge or get in the opponents' face? No. But it just means they will be there to shake the opponent's hand with no hard feelings on either side after a good hard day's cricket. Seems decent enough for me.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ball seems to be turning now. If we get a hundred ahead, it will be very uncomfortable for England.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Only been watching this series one & off but jeez there have been a lot of terrible decisions

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Are there enough signs in the wicket to suggest India can put a lot of pressure on England assuming they get a decent lead?