• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No.. Kohli was off balance and throwing on the turn. It's easy to see why that can go like dat. Root threw with full intent at the batsman. Big difference mate.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No sir. It's obvious Root was sore by the way he was having a go at Nair for reverse sweeping him. This was just an extension. You should have a word with yourself for calling facts ****.

Burner

International Regular
Obvious Root was being a prick. Sportsmen do it, no need to defend him.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah.. it doesn't make them any less in terms of cricket ability. Just who they are, I guess. Obviously has to behave better if Root becomes captain though. Even Kohli has mellowed, of all people. :laugh:

Rootfan

Banned
Root's good boy looks have always deceived people. Bloke's wile and malicious. Runs on pancakes have gotten to his head. Can't wait to see him string together a run of low scores. Hope he makes more visits to Australian bars with Warner.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, pancakes like Trent Bridge in 2015 where he scored a first day ton in the second innings

Bijed

International Regular
Root's good boy looks have always deceived people. Bloke's wile and malicious. Runs on pancakes have gotten to his head. Can't wait to see him string together a run of low scores. Hope he makes more visits to Australian bars with Warner.
Yeah, pancakes like Trent Bridge in 2015 where he scored a first day ton in the second innings
Haha, yeah. The incident today was regrettable but if you're going to use it to have a more general dig at Root, basically calling him a FTB is not the greatest line of attack.

Rootfan

Banned
Bloke's particularly good away from home...all those tons...oh wait. FWIW I just said runs on pancakes have gotten to his head. Not exactly a great extrapolation to say that means he is a FTB.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Get to a lead by lunch by batting without too much risk, promote Jaddu after lunch and tell everyone to swing for the fences. Declare/all-out by tea with a 50-150 run lead, bowl England out by the morning of the fifth day. Perfect plan. Oh wai, we did that in Mumbai. I don't know, do whatever I guess.

Rootfan

Banned
I am all for sledging but it strikes me as particularly weak that someone like Root who got bullied by Warner and other big boys himself would go after a semi-debutant, probably frustrated at the flatness of the pitch on which he himself as usual filled his boots. Would love to see if Root would have the gall to sledge Kohli, Wahab, Steyn or any of the Australians. Such a **** thing to do to pick on the softest target. Hope India get a lead and the pitch crumbles. Ickle Rootie will keep his trap firmly shut if that happens.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
ahahahahahaha at using sledging kohli as some benchmark of alphaness. what's he gonna do? squirt his beard conditioner at him?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha where can I see a highlight of this? I've just got an image in my head of Ellen throwing a tantrum.