• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Regarding a CW get-together, I'm still game for the Chesterfield Clarkewatch, and a couple of others in July.

As has already been said, June is WC but I could still be tempted for the right match at the right venue (preferably a Saturday). As for August onwards - well, I've just bought a season-ticket for Derby County so as long as it doesn't clash with a Rams home match, I can make most weekend days.

Open to suggestions, folks - would prefer somewhere with a rail link so I can get bladdered.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
There's an LVC match at Edgbaston against Sussex from Thurs 27th-Sun 30th July....then a tourist match v Windies A 2nd-4th August.....

Thoughts?

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
im in england 22nd till 7th (and from 7th till 12th i am in England but can't get away from the tour im on )
i'd like to meet a few people, but best would be not to far from Peterborough(ie 2 hours drive max)

Anna

Birmingham's about 1hr50 on the train from Peterborough.....tis pretty central to most places :)

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's three from Exeter so not unviable. We've got to find somewhere we can have a net if we do meet up, though!

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
deffo neil !

birmingham sounds like a deal, as there is more for me to do then meetup you guys( more meeting ! )
finalise it, and ill talk it through with my car !

The Baconator

Anna said:
There's an LVC match at Edgbaston against Sussex from Thurs 27th-Sun 30th July....then a tourist match v Windies A 2nd-4th August.....

Thoughts?
West Indies A would be good if tadpole plays.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I will probably be in the UK towards the end of Aug for a week or two and would love to meet up and have a net.

Neil Pickup

The Baconator said:
West Indies A would be good if tadpole plays.
I can't make WI 'A' - working from w/c 31 July, but the LVC game would work. No Rikki, unfortunately...

Can you or Anna find somewhere for us to have a net? It's only LVC cricket, we'll all be bored by tea anyway. We can't have a meetup without one!

Langeveldt

Soutie
yeah, give me a net!

Why dont we all go down to Exeter CC and then all the over 18s can go to Warehouse or Arena later on..

Anna

That, too, sounds like a plan......would involve no organisation on my part :D

Neil Pickup

Right, Thursday 27 July, day one LVC v Sussex + nets (Alex arranging, so he tells me)

In:
Me
Alex
Rich
Anna
Tarick
...?

Glenn Stiemens

School Boy/Girl Captain
If I'm back in Birmingham I'll attend - I am a member at Edgbaston so can get in for free - I think I can also get one or two people in for free too.

Not sure where you will get the chance to net though - plenty of cricket clubs in the area but whether they'd let you anywhere near their nets is another matter.