• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
chris.hinton said:
Great Pics Rich

Neil good to see you flighting the ball up

Please come to Birmingham for a Meet up
The trouble with Birmingham is that it couldn't be a Clarkewatch - HRH Surrey are in the poor people's division.

Seriously, I'm happy to come over to Birmingham for a meet - say early June-ish?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Nah, Richard's wicket came when the other opener played a nothing shot and guided a nothing ball to backward point/gully. The photo above is when Yaxley nicked it to the keeper but the umpire didn't notice.
He did nick it then?
Would be fair to say that no-one but Rob (the wicketkeeper, for everyone else) noticed - I certainly didn't think it was out, as demonstrated by my "oh, er, howsat?" expression.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard said:
He did nick it then?
Would be fair to say that no-one but Rob (the wicketkeeper, for everyone else) noticed - I certainly didn't think it was out, as demonstrated by my "oh, er, howsat?" expression.
So are you taking out a contract because the criminal didn't walk?

I bet he eats Kit Kats AND Milky Bars too.

;)

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Richard said:
He did nick it then?
Yeah, he nicked it. Told me as much when I came out to umpire. Asked me what my stance was on walking...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Nah, Richard's wicket came when the other opener played a nothing shot and guided a nothing ball to backward point/gully.
Err, excuse me, that was a reasonably good away-swinging delivery that drew the slash (couldn't be called a drive) and a simple skied catch to Gully.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
luckyeddie said:
So are you taking out a contract because the criminal didn't walk?

I bet he eats Kit Kats AND Milky Bars too.

;)
That'll be Milkybars...
As I say - I didn't even hear anything, so I can hardly complain.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Yeah, he nicked it. Told me as much when I came out to umpire. Asked me what my stance was on walking...
Daym, never knowingly missed a nick before when bowling...
Maybe if I'd appealed as Rob did he'd have walked...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard said:
That'll be Milkybars...
As I say - I didn't even hear anything, so I can hardly complain.

I just checked - even Nestlé themselves are ambiguous - one of their milky thingys has it as two words on two separate lines, the other one word on one.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Richard said:
Err, excuse me, that was a reasonably good away-swinging delivery that drew the slash (couldn't be called a drive) and a simple skied catch to Gully.
I weren't watching properly anyway. And you'd never get my v-c to walk no matter how many of you went oop.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pedro Delgado said:
Yeah, just the way you've arrived at the crease, body shape etc reminds me of Nel.
Oh, as I say - I didn't really "arrive" at the crease at all, just stood there and rolled over my arm.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
I weren't watching properly anyway. And you'd never get my v-c to walk no matter how many of you went oop.
What, he wouldn't walk having skied one to Gully?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
chris.hinton said:
Great Pics Rich

Neil good to see you flighting the ball up

Please come to Birmingham for a Meet up
Would be an interesting one...
Is c.h as clueless in real-life as he is on here...
Or is it all an act, a-la FRAZ...?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard said:
Would be an interesting one...
Is c.h as clueless in real-life as he is on here...
Or is it all an act, a-la FRAZ...?
Can I hold his jacket while he chins you? :)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard said:
Oh, as I say - I didn't really "arrive" at the crease at all, just stood there and rolled over my arm.
That's interesting - Ian Blackwell just stands there and rolls over the return crease.