• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

Spark

Global Moderator
wade should have been a soccer player.

shut up mum

so iirc

wade/warner/watson for two opening spots
clarke/forrest/ponting for two 3-4 spots
mussey and dussey
christan - if watson player possibly redundant

i guess warner and ponting being rested is the most likely of that, but really I'd probably only play one of Watson/clarke
Watson
Wade
Clarke
Forrest
Mussey
Dussey
Christian (for his batting)

looks fine to me.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
wade should have been a soccer player.

shut up mum

so iirc

wade/warner/watson for two opening spots
clarke/forrest/ponting for two 3-4 spots
mussey and dussey
christan - if watson player possibly redundant

i guess warner and ponting being rested is the most likely of that, but really I'd probably only play one of Watson/clarke
I think you'll find that there'll be a trend in ODI's that teams will start to go in with three genuine ODI openers with these two new balls.

Well, that's how I think they should go in.

Spikey

danbrettig
danbrettig:
RT @cricketicc: MS Dhoni suspended for Tuesday's ODI against Sri Lanka after India is fined for second minor over-rate offence within a year#cricket

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Jadeja is still a waste of space, but Dhoni still thinks he's good enough to be in a frontline Indian side. Batting average of 19, with a strike rate of 71. And we hear complaints about Raina and Rohit, clearly better batsmen- and Rohit has taken more wickets than him, while Raina has given away fewer runs. An Indian side with Jadeja is not a full side. They'd help themselves if they play a full-fledged, wicket-taking bowler instead, and promote the batting of Ashwin, Irfan, Praveen and Vinay- none slouches with the bat.

Not enough wickets. Almost none in the middle-overs. That's what cost the Indian side dearly. The poor death bowling was an invitation to well-set batsmen, and they should have been dismissed between overs 15-35, with three in hand with ten to go. Not once has India dismissed a team within fifty. This should be their goal for the rest of the tournament. Ten wickets within fifty overs.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Jadeja should bat in the middle overs(from the early 20s) whenever possible and rotate the strike. The situations in which he comes in at most games at the death overs isn't ideal for his style of play. You can't score triple hundreds in domestic games and bat that ****ing low.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Good on him. I'm not the biggest fan of Dhoni's captaincy post-2009 but everything he is saying is true.

They didn't play Sehwag in the finals of the tri-series back in 2007/08 and India won 2-0. Don't necessarily need to play him this time.

And no matter what Sachin's form is like, he's still a far better bet in these conditions than Sehwag.

Burgey

danbrettig
danbrettig:
RT @cricketicc: MS Dhoni suspended for Tuesday's ODI against Sri Lanka after India is fined for second minor over-rate offence within a year#cricket
It wasn't a minor over rate offence last night. The innings finished about 50 minutes late ffs. I didn't see Australia's innings as I was out. Were there any extenuating circumstances for it taking so long to bowl 50 overs?