• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

Spark

Global Moderator
I guess making Watson the VC gives away a little. that is, warner isn't secure.
Hmmm, only a little because you'd say that even if Warner had belted three 50s and a ton by now Watson would still have come back as VC.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
this is all haddin's fault. i mean, if the haddin mess hadn't happened ponting would be 'rested' right now. frickin haddin.

Spikey

Hmmm, only a little because you'd say that even if Warner had belted three 50s and a ton by now Watson would still have come back as VC.
Doubtful imo. They def don't seem keen on Watson being in leadership roles and obv they do with Warner. If Warner had secured his place I reckon they would have stuck with him as VC. But he hasn't, and Watson does have a secure spot and obv has been in the role before. So yeah if both of them = secure spots then Warner VC.

Spikey

what if he dies in a car accident between now and then. he probably won't play then will he? you never know

Spikey

you never know in that he could die. not you never know he could come back to life and score a century. although....

benchmark00

Doubtful imo. They def don't seem keen on Watson being in leadership roles and obv they do with Warner. If Warner had secured his place I reckon they would have stuck with him as VC. But he hasn't, and Watson does have a secure spot and obv has been in the role before. So yeah if both of them = secure spots then Warner VC.
Nah no way, would definitely be Watson.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Top stuff from the selectors - seems like performances on the field are now the criteria

If Hilditch was still around I reckon 2 of Forrest/Dussey/Christian would've been dumped

Spikey

well for the t20 team didn't they pretty much confirm warner is the VC regardless of Watson playing? it cert seemed that way

pup11

International Coach
This is a ****ing disgrace to humiliate our best ever OD batsman and captain in such fashion, if they didn't see him playing any part in the future of Australian cricket then they should have told him this before the start of the series but to cut him off like this in the middle of the series is something both he and Australian cricket could have done without.

Frankly speaking I hope Ponting retires from test cricket too after this because its kind of clear that they are going to treat him like dirt and as Ponting fan won't want him to go through this all over again.

benchmark00

This is a ****ing disgrace to humiliate our best ever OD batsman and captain in such fashion, if they didn't see him playing any part in the future of Australian cricket then they should have told him this before the start of the series but to cut him off like this in the middle of the series is something both he and Australian cricket could have done without.

Frankly speaking I hope Ponting retires from test cricket too after this because its kind of clear that they are going to treat him like dirt and as Ponting fan won't want him to go through this all over again.
If you were a Ponting fan you'd want the chance to see him play as many matches as possible...