• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in England

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
i'm not refering to a quote made here on cricket web, i'm speaking genrally most people i talk to & i guess elsewhere argee that Bell is a justifiable selection over KP. Dont know what Botham has to do with what i said
Botham said almost exactly that last Sunday when the selectors made the (correct) choice in Bell.

badgerhair

U19 Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
Botham said almost exactly that last Sunday when the selectors made the (correct) choice in Bell.
As a general rule of thumb, if Botham fulminates against the England selectors, it is 99.9% certain that they have made the correct decision. In fact, the more vociferously Botham rants about any subject, the more certain it is that rational lifeforms should take precisely the opposite view.

Cheers,

Mike

a massive zebra

International Captain
badgerhair said:
As a general rule of thumb, if Botham fulminates against the England selectors, it is 99.9% certain that they have made the correct decision. In fact, the more vociferously Botham rants about any subject, the more certain it is that rational lifeforms should take precisely the opposite view.
Haha...exactly.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Also one must take in to account the fact that Botham is the chairman of the managment company representing Pietersen...

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
badgerhair said:

Cheers,

Mike
Absolutely. BTW are you by any chance Mike Holman(s) from uksc? (sorry can't remember whether there's an 's' at the end of your/his surname)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Bangladesh to win the first test. That`s right.

You heard it here first webheads. :cool:

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nnanden said:
Bangladesh to win the first test. That`s right.

You heard it here first webheads. :cool:
I think it's bedtime, Nath.

Harmo to shred the Bangladesh toporder and Ian Bell to score big.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Aye sir.

Too late to be calling people, too early to be... something. Man this site is ridiculously addictive.

badgerhair

U19 Vice-Captain
wpdavid said:
Absolutely. BTW are you by any chance Mike Holman(s) from uksc? (sorry can't remember whether there's an 's' at the end of your/his surname)
I am indeed Mike Holmans, but I only get into uksc via crosspost, as I'm basically an rsc regular and uksc has far too much of the utterly revolting Robert Henderson in it.

Cheers,

Mike

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
badgerhair said:
I am indeed Mike Holmans, but I only get into uksc via crosspost, as I'm basically an rsc regular and uksc has far too much of the utterly revolting Robert Henderson in it.

Cheers,

Mike
Understandable - he is vile by any reasonable criteria. It was the bit about London & West Yorkshire that made me wonder, btw. May I ask where "badgerhair" originates?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Bangladeshi's must be frustrated at the weather today, Northants 149-5 at close of play, 76 from Shafayat(492 runs @70.28) the only score of note, Anwar Hossain Monir 3-67

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Saying that, if the conditions in Northampton were anything like those in Exeter - if you were a swing bowler and couldn't take wickets today, then you're never, ever going to.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
badgerhair said:
There's a refuge from all that now of you're interested.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
superkingdave said:
Bangladeshi's must be frustrated at the weather today, Northants 149-5 at close of play, 76 from Shafayat(492 runs @70.28) the only score of note, Anwar Hossain Monir 3-67
Who has bowled a total of one over in his first-class career before and was originally a wicketkeeper!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
superkingdave said:
Guess you are thinking of Anwar Hussain, who is indeed a wicket keeper, and when England toured Anwar Hussain Monir had michael vaughan out caught Anwar Hussain
So was cricinfo yesterday - I could have sworn I clicked on a link from the player page on the bottom of the site.

Should have known there was something suspicious. OK figures for a seam bowler in Bangladesh, though :)