• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in England

Legglancer

State Regular
Ok WI has lara, Chanders, Gayle ....but look at their record for the last 2 years, thay have lost most matchers by innings at home and abroad or at least beaten comprehensively. They have won a few matchers thanks to Bangladesh And Zimbabwe with exception of one home win against Pakistan.

Swervy

International Captain
King_Ponting said:
Based on the performance bangladesh did tonite i would agree that bangladesh arent too far behind the west indies.
lets not read too much into a shock win...credit to B'desh of course, but 49 out of 50 times, I would say WI would beat B'desh

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Swervy said:
lets not read too much into a shock win...credit to B'desh of course, but 49 out of 50 times, I would say WI would beat B'desh
Bangladesh came pretty close a couple of times in the WI recently:
1st ODI: WI win by 1 wicket
2nd ODI: WI win by 23 runs
3rd ODI: WI win by 7 wickets (went to the last over though)

Admittedly Lara wasn't playing, and Bangladesh were thumped in their most recent encounter at the Champions Trophy. Still, I think Bangladesh could manage at least a few wins out of fifty.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
jot1 said:
Wonder what this will do to the betting on the ashes?
Australia are 1.60 and England 2.20 for the ODI tomorrow on bet365... though logically England should be favourites.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
jot1 said:
Wonder what this will do to the betting on the ashes?
It will do a lot, because an awful lot of people will now take the plunge in the face of some (relatively) attractive odds. I expect England's odds to shorten drastically.

As far as how is this likely to affect the outcome of the Ashes series, then the answer to that is not one jot. Pound for pound, Australia are still likely to have too much in hand for the current England side, especially with Warney's mum's chemist's best customer back in the side.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
luckyeddie said:
It will do a lot, because an awful lot of people will now take the plunge in the face of some (relatively) attractive odds. I expect England's odds to shorten drastically.

As far as how is this likely to affect the outcome of the Ashes series, then the answer to that is not one jot. Pound for pound, Australia are still likely to have too much in hand for the current England side, especially with Warney's mum's chemist's best customer back in the side.
Of course it'll affect the Ashes series, Test cricket especially is about the mind to an extent. Australia don't seem to have their minds right yet, especially their captain which should be a big concern for them.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sunday's ODI
Australia 1.73
England 2.30

NatWest Series
Australia 1.66
England 2.25
Bangladesh 151.00

Ashes
Australia 1.53
England 4.60
Draw 7.20

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
Of course it'll affect the Ashes series, Test cricket especially is about the mind to an extent. Australia don't seem to have their minds right yet, especially their captain which should be a big concern for them.
The Ashes series is far too far along the line yet. What are we talking about - 5 weeks hence? No, this will fade fast but will remain as a niggling thorn in the side - the wake-up call they needed a week ago.

<quack> Unless Bangladesh turn them over again.

What DD said.

tooextracool

International Coach
gotta love the schedule for the summer though.
really, how we would have loved to have played the first ashes test this week.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Anil said:
sad day for cricket when a laboured win by an international team over an understrength county side is described as "great"....
Great day for cricket when a fantastic win by a country-like International team, over the world-champions is described by all. :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Great win by the Deshis !! :clapping: :clapping:

Fully deserved and they don't get days like this often , so let us not grudge them their occasional moments of glory !!

Am very happy for Dav Whatmore, who deserves some of the credit !!

Duncan

U19 Debutant
I was harsh after they got destroyed by England but this performance was amazing... way to go Bangladesh. Will this launch them into being a decent ODI side?