• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in England

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
superkingdave said:
I think its pretty much certain the Durham pitch will be a lot more bowler friendly than this one. The forecast is pretty poor though, so Bangladesh could play for the draw.

Thur - Light Rain
Fri - Cloudy
Sat - Showers
Sub - Showers
Mon - Scattered Showers
Starts on a Friday, it's also a waste of time looking at forecasts 6+ days ahead in this country.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Neil Pickup said:
You hadn't paid £30 for a ticket. If you were there you'd want something from your day out.
the crowd have been promised a half refund seeing as there were less than 30 overs bowled.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
You hadn't paid £30 for a ticket. If you were there you'd want something from your day out.
If I'd been spending £30 on a ticket, it would have been a first or second day ticket, or no ticket at all :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I apologise for my gay prediction.

Problems for Bangla - Their batting, full stop. The two inexperienced pace bowlers. That was really poor. And their captain (Ashraful) needs to bloody stand up.

Well done to Mortaza though, he really is good.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nnanden said:
I apologise for my gay prediction.

Problems for Bangla - Their batting, full stop. The two inexperienced pace bowlers. That was really poor. And their captain (Ashraful) needs to bloody stand up.

Well done to Mortaza though, he really is good.
Bashar's the skipper.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Neil Pickup said:
Bashar's the skipper.
Oh whatever. They both play so crap I don`t really care. Give it to Mashud I say. He seems to be the only one with a decent technique.

Bloody Sarkar. He was legendary in Australia, but then decided he`d turn crap. Very dissapointed with Mashrafe`s batting. He can bat a bit...

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Gareth Batty - congratulations, TFC in a Test Match, doesn't happen very often.

TFC, by the way, stands for "Thanks For Coming" - frequently received in the standard of game I usually play in, and awarded to someone who neither bats or bowls in a game. Luckily for me, I'm an opening bat, so I'm one of few people in my team who's never got it. :D

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Barney Rubble said:
Gareth Batty - congratulations, TFC in a Test Match, doesn't happen very often.

TFC, by the way, stands for "Thanks For Coming" - frequently received in the standard of game I usually play in, and awarded to someone who neither bats or bowls in a game. Luckily for me, I'm an opening bat, so I'm one of few people in my team who's never got it. :D
Easy money if you can get it :D He could have creeped out yesterday and played for Worcs and i dont think anyone would have noticed :)

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nnanden said:
Oh whatever. They both play so crap I don`t really care. Give it to Mashud I say. He seems to be the only one with a decent technique.

Bloody Sarkar. He was legendary in Australia, but then decided he`d turn crap. Very dissapointed with Mashrafe`s batting. He can bat a bit...
I saw absolutely no evidence to suggest Mashrafe was anything more than one of the worst batsmen ever to play Test cricket.

The footwork every shot consisted entirely of two steps away to leg and a swish, and in all honesty he was lucky to last a combined total of four balls. Next to him, Chris Martin looked like Bradman. Shahadat and especially Anwar showed massively more determination and Mortaza should be 11 at Chester-le-Street.

How he made 139 in the Bangladeshi league I will never know.

badgerhair

U19 Vice-Captain
Langeveldt said:
Yeah well batted Khaled, but do you think the 80's West Indian crowd, or an SCG crowd would have been cheering? I think not..
I also laugh at anyone who bought tickets for today, they couldn't last five days against my granny..
You don't know much about Australian crowds, then, or they've got decidedly more one-eyed in ten years.

On 2nd January 1995, England were two down in the series after two games and had looked pretty dismal scratching their way to 198-7 on the first day of the Third Test. As Darren Gough passed Mark Nicholas (for it was he) in the Members enclosure on his way out, he said "Fasten your seat belts." A useful instruction in view of what followed. Gus Fraser dabbed and nurdled while Gough wielded the long handle. After they'd put on 56, Gus was out and Devon Malcolm came out to join the fun. McDermott, Fleming and Warne were just pasted all round the ground, and the crowd started cheering. When the big scoreboard flashed up that on reaching 19, Malcolm had achieved his career highest Test score, the ground erupted. Gough was cheered to the echo on reaching his fifty, and as he walked back a few minutes later out for 51, the ground rose to him. And I thought it was pretty damn remarkable for an Australian crowd to give a standing ovation for a visiting player's fifty, let alone a Pom's.

The feeling in the SCG that morning was very similar to the feeling in the ground today.

The home crowd were very well aware that the visitors were hopeless and had been deeply disappointing to watch, and at last they saw one of the losers showing some spirit, some fight and some enterprise. After days and days (in 94-95) or hours and hours (here) of non-contest and basically rubbish cricket, we were seeing the sort of cricket we'd have hoped to see from the outset rather than as an interlude in the final act.

You'd have to have no feeling for the sport at all not to have cheered Khaled Mashud this morning. Fortunately, those who had turned up were generous-spirited.

Cheers,

Mike

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
all very nicely written except Gus was last man out, Gough being out after the partnership of 58 for 51 which makes it all the more astonishing!

badgerhair

U19 Vice-Captain
superkingdave said:
all very nicely written except Gus was last man out, Gough being out after the partnership of 58 for 51 which makes it all the more astonishing!
It's bloody irritating when you check your scorecard database to make sure you get the details right and it tells you lies. I'd thought that Gus had hung around longer too, but I shall now have to send an erratum to TAStats.

Cheers,

Mike

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FaaipDeOiad said:
Mashud keeping it together nicely.
I was impressed by his efforts today, as well as the bowling of Jones and Flintoff.

FaaipDeOiad said:
Looks like Batty won't do anything in this game... no catches, no bowling, no batting.
Thank God for that!