• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in England

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
badgerhair said:
Since you always claim to know what you are talking about, you will be able to tell us how often you have watched Sussex XXII and which new players they have brought in who have demonstrated the kind of class Ian Bell showed this afternoon.

However, some of us are less energetic than you and would prefer a pleasant afternoon in the sun watching some good cricketers demonstrating their skills to sitting at home devising ever more bizarre theories to explain why nobody should enjoy cricket or think any of the players are any good.

The difficulty only really comes when you are supporting the losing side in games like this. Then it does get pretty painful. I admit to having cried off after two days of my seventh Test (Headingley 88): the sight of Malcolm Marshall, a bowler who was fairly handy with a bat rather than a batsman, scoring boundaries one-handed because his left arm was in a plaster cast was too much to bear so I went back to London and did something more interesting.

Cheers,

Mike
HAHAHAH ahhh top stuff :D

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mashud keeping it together nicely.

Looks like Batty won't do anything in this game... no catches, no bowling, no batting.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
England win by an innings and 261 runs. The only good points for Bangladesh really were Mashud's second innings 44 and some good bowling from Mortaza. Rahim didn't make ,any runs but looked pretty good as well.

Very polished performance from England. All four bowlers put in solid efforts after a poor start, and all of the top 5 had plenty of time in the middle and made some runs.

Hopefully the pitch in Durham won't be too bad, and Bangladesh can at least make England bat twice.

Langeveldt

Soutie
What a bunch of saps these England fans are!??
I'd be insulted if I was playing for England and the home crowd were cheering the oppositions runs.. Test cricket at its very worst. shouldn't English fans be baying for blood?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I think its pretty much certain the Durham pitch will be a lot more bowler friendly than this one. The forecast is pretty poor though, so Bangladesh could play for the draw.

Thur - Light Rain
Fri - Cloudy
Sat - Showers
Sub - Showers
Mon - Scattered Showers

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Langeveldt said:
I'd be insulted if I was playing for England and the home crowd were cheering the oppositions runs.. Test cricket at its very worst. shouldn't English fans be baying for blood?
if it was any other side than bangladesh then they would be,

i think they just want to see a contest, nobody wants to turn up for the morning session and just see a total thrashing, well played khaled mashud i say.

Langeveldt

Soutie
sledger said:
if it was any other side than bangladesh then they would be,

i think they just want to see a contest, nobody wants to turn up for the morning session and just see a total thrashing, well played khaled mashud i say.
Yeah well batted Khaled, but do you think the 80's West Indian crowd, or an SCG crowd would have been cheering? I think not..
I also laugh at anyone who bought tickets for today, they couldn't last five days against my granny..

Swervy

International Captain
superkingdave said:
I think its pretty much certain the Durham pitch will be a lot more bowler friendly than this one. The forecast is pretty poor though, so Bangladesh could play for the draw.

Thur - Light Rain
Fri - Cloudy
Sat - Showers
Sub - Showers
Mon - Scattered Showers
on a more bowler friendly pitch..i would say the first 3 days could be rained off and england would still win

Langeveldt

Soutie
Swervy said:
on a more bowler friendly pitch..i would say the first 3 days could be rained off and england would still win
Had they declared on 90 halfway through day one at Lord's, they would have won inside two days...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
Err, I should think most decent cricket fans cheer opposition runs when the performance is good. Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman got a standing ovation for their triple century stand at the Adelaide Oval.

Langeveldt

Soutie
FaaipDeOiad said:
Err, I should think most decent cricket fans cheer opposition runs when the performance is good. Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman got a standing ovation for their triple century stand at the Adelaide Oval.
Slight difference between a triple century stand by two masterful batsmen, and a 50 partnership between two people who shouldn't even be there..

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
Slight difference between a triple century stand by two masterful batsmen, and a 50 partnership between two people who shouldn't even be there..
Think about it, it was a 50 run stand for the 9th wicket. Don't you think if say Gillespie and Kasprowicz added 50 for the 9th wicket at Lords they would get cheered?

The situation is obviously different for Bangladesh, but I think it's a bit rich to suggest the crowd shouldn't applaud what was under the circumstances a very good performance.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Langeveldt said:
Nooo.... people... must... not... enjoy.... ex-ter-min-ate...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Interesting case with Gareth Batty (which was foreseen by someone...Marc I think?)

Did not bat
Did not bowl
Did not catch.

When did that last happen?