• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in England

a massive zebra

International Captain
Boycott is superbly professional, and makes the job interesting for himself and the viewers with his intelligent, objective and highly analytical style.

Benaud is the master, far and away the best, supreme and sublime class, head and shoulders above everyone else, not only at Channel 4, but inarguably anywhere in the world.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
a massive zebra said:
Benaud is the master, far and away the best, supreme and sublime class, head and shoulders above everyone else, not only at Channel 4, but inarguably anywhere in the world.
Hear, here!

Wow, Shahadat looks like a great choice over the second spinner. :@ :@

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
badgerhair said:
What a disgraceful comment. Michael Atherton is intelligent, articulate, has a sense of humour and some fairly interesting thoughts on cricket, whereas Alec Stewart is a Chelsea supporter and one of the most boring people in the universe.

Cheers,

Mike
They're both annoyingly northern/southern, they're both tedious, they're both fairly stupid (but at least Stewart doesn't try and sound intelligent), they were both from the same England cricket era, they're both captain obvious.

I personally prefer Stewart because I think he's more honest, Atherton as has been said praises one week and slates the next and there always seems to be some bitter and spiteful remark around the corner. That's without all the strange comments Atherton makes on players that were around when he was captain (and had a say in the selection), for instance he said Martin Bicknell should have gotten more Tests.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
a massive zebra said:
Nicholas speaks absolute drivel most of the time and thinks he's the Shakespeare of commentary. Some of the pretentious, nonsense drivel he spouts is toe curlingly embarrassing.

Reeve is totally biased, knows practically nothing about the history of the game while presuming that the viewer knows even less, and commentates like a working class council estate low life with all the enthusiasm in the world but no knowledge of the game whatsoever.
That's probably the reason I like Dermot, then?

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
a massive zebra said:
Nicholas speaks absolute drivel most of the time and thinks he's the Shakespeare of commentary. Some of the pretentious, nonsense drivel he spouts is toe curlingly embarrassing.
Mark Nicholas commentates in prose! It's hard to listen to and admittedly, sometimes it gets tiring, but at times it can be very classy. I'd much prefer to read his articles.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Scaly piscine said:
They're both annoyingly northern/southern, they're both tedious, they're both fairly stupid (but at least Stewart doesn't try and sound intelligent), they were both from the same England cricket era, they're both captain obvious.

I personally prefer Stewart because I think he's more honest, Atherton as has been said praises one week and slates the next and there always seems to be some bitter and spiteful remark around the corner. That's without all the strange comments Atherton makes on players that were around when he was captain (and had a say in the selection), for instance he said Martin Bicknell should have gotten more Tests.
Cobblers. Atherton is a Cambridge graduate. I'm not his biggest fan as a commentator, but fair go, he's in no way stupid.

shaka

International Regular
Man, non cricket fans must wonder why Bangladesh are playing Test Cricket. 310/1 Vaughan going for a century, Trescothic already on 132*

Scaly piscine

BoyBrumby said:
Cobblers. Atherton is a Cambridge graduate. I'm not his biggest fan as a commentator, but fair go, he's in no way stupid.
Yea I forgot, Richard Whitely is also a genius because he went to Oxbridge...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
shaka said:
Man, non cricket fans must wonder why Bangladesh are playing Test Cricket. 310/1 Vaughan going for a century, Trescothic already on 132*
Why just non-cricket fans?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
badgerhair said:
What a disgraceful comment. Michael Atherton is intelligent, articulate, has a sense of humour and some fairly interesting thoughts on cricket, whereas Alec Stewart is a Chelsea supporter and one of the most boring people in the universe.

Cheers,

Mike
spot on....and Atherton has a nice mancunian drone whilst Stewarts voice is horrible and screachy and about as useful as a square ball.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
shaka said:
if they aren't cricket fans, then for all they know, Marcus Trescothick could be better than Brian Lara

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Scaly piscine said:
Yea I forgot, Richard Whitely is also a genius because he went to Oxbridge...
I'd say there was pretty clear water between "fairly stupid" & "genius", wouldn't you?

Not everyone who goes to Oxbridge is a genius, but I'd say it's a fair bet none are stupid.

Scaly piscine

BoyBrumby said:
I'd say there was pretty clear water between "fairly stupid" & "genius", wouldn't you?

Not everyone who goes to Oxbridge is a genius, but I'd say it's a fair bet none are stupid.
So you're telling me that either there are no Oxbridge versions of George W Bush or Bush isn't at the very least 'fairly stupid'?

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Yess, did u see Marcus Trescothick using his feet. He actualy run down the pitch to Rafique and then put in a good stride forward for a three. Top stuff Tres

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Scaly piscine said:
So you're telling me that either there are no Oxbridge versions of George W Bush or Bush isn't at the very least 'fairly stupid'?
IIRC GW has a degree from Yale. If you think getting one of those is a cakewalk then lotsa luck in trying one.

Nepotism only carries one so far, it didn't get Prince William into Oxbridge or Harry into any uni.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Well the latest is that Vaughan has a ticket for the League one playoff final in Cardiff on Sunday, so bad luck to anyone with tickets for that days play, i think its fair to say the game will be finished by then.