• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
kwek said:
Richard you do realise that you couldve done all of that in one posts...and not it 10...
and i was wondering how you got 1500 :happy:
What's the point in wasting a load of time posting quoting from 50 different posts when you can do it so much easier by using separate posts?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
I'm hoping England have a good long bat tomorrow so I get to watch a bit on Sat. Stuck at work at the mo.
You'd have thought they'd at least have the sense to make it last to Saturday.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
im in a lot of forums..and funnly Cricketweb is the only one who thinks this is oke..other forums wont allow it and think if you want to say so much do it in 1 posts. only thing i can do is agree with that...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If you quote from a load of different posts chances are people won't read it as it's such a needlessly long post.
10 in a row actually means people are still fairly likely to at least skim-read them.

Duncan

U19 Debutant
kwek said:
Richard you do realise that you couldve done all of that in one posts...and not it 10...
and i was wondering how you got 1500 :happy:
LOL! I've been thinking about that for a long time as well. What's the point of taking up a whole page just to make 10-15 one-lined replies? I want whatever this guy's smoking. :wacko:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Richard said:
If you quote from a load of different posts chances are people won't read it as it's such a needlessly long post.
10 in a row actually means people are still fairly likely to at least skim-read them.
well not me as i think it are to much one lined things..and to much of one person.
the only person whod actually reply on this is marc(your 10 in a row posts that is)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
kwek said:
well not me as i think it are to much one lined things..and to much of one person.
the only person whod actually reply on this is marc(your 10 in a row posts that is)
I'm coming to the conclusion that Motson only posts that many times so that all the replies that complete stuff his theories get buried beneath the sheer weight of tosh he produces.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
So any more examples?
Because we all know how much one game proves.
Not to mention that that Zimbabwe side was not only playing at home but was a bit stronger than the Bangladesh one to which I refer.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
I'm coming to the conclusion that Motson only posts that many times so that all the replies that complete stuff his theories get buried beneath the sheer weight of tosh he produces.
Never mind the conclusion that most are coming to that your one-man sneering cavalcade aimed at me is utter stupidity incarnate.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard said:
Complete with Rana Naved-Ul-Hasan no-balls.
The no-balling today was quite beyond belief.
Quite what has been going on today, indeed, is beyond belief.
TWENTY-SEVEN no-balls in 83.3 overs in the other Test today! 27!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's 1 every 3 overs! Including 6 from the spinners!
WHAT IS GOING ON HERE???????????????? 8-) :@

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
tooextracool said:
if you arent being sarcastic here, you really didnt watch the game at all.
jones was easily the pick of the bowlers, he swung it around corners, he was easily the most accurate and he was the only one who pitched the ball up. the fact that hoggard got 4/42 despite dishing up some of the biggest tripe possible is part of the games injustice, that the best bowler of the entire day got 6 overs and only took 1 wicket. you might just say that the b'desh batsmen had no clue how to play jones whatsoever, and come on now, how many batsmen can play balls pitching on leg stump and ending up outside outside off?
Hell yes I was being sarcastic.

Hoggard and Harmy seemed to be bowling sheep`s poo, yet Jones was keeping it real.

...Bangladesh to make an amazing comeback and win in the most emphatic fashion ever. Mortaza is class.

badgerhair

U19 Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
I just see Stewart as a southern version of Atherton really...
What a disgraceful comment. Michael Atherton is intelligent, articulate, has a sense of humour and some fairly interesting thoughts on cricket, whereas Alec Stewart is a Chelsea supporter and one of the most boring people in the universe.

Cheers,

Mike

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
Angus Fraser is a fantastic correspondant on the game, quite a natural in the journalist role, so I'm only hoping you assume he couldn't do a LIVE job?
yup his voice sends me to sleep, just like Bob Willis

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
badgerhair said:
What a disgraceful comment. Michael Atherton is intelligent, articulate, has a sense of humour and some fairly interesting thoughts on cricket, whereas Alec Stewart is a Chelsea supporter and one of the most boring people in the universe.

Cheers,

Mike
Our sports hall was named after Atherton, i always wished they named it after Crawley instead, never liked Atherton

a massive zebra

International Captain
Atherton is boring, spiteful, tedious, irritating, has some totally bizarre opinions that are easily disproven by facts, and comes from The Sun school of reporting where he lumps infinite praise on a player one week only to totally slate him the next.

The third worst commentator after Reeve and Nicholas.

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I quite like Atherton, and Nicholas is really good I think. In the top eschelon of commentators with Richie Benaud, Michael Holding and Geoff Boycott.

I suppose, though, you hate him because he's a fan of one SK Warne. 8-)

a massive zebra

International Captain
Nicholas speaks absolute drivel most of the time and thinks he's the Shakespeare of commentary. Some of the pretentious, nonsense drivel he spouts is toe curlingly embarrassing.

Reeve is totally biased, knows practically nothing about the history of the game while presuming that the viewer knows even less, and commentates like a working class council estate low life with all the enthusiasm in the world but no knowledge of the game whatsoever.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Agreed about Reeve, but I find Nicholas far more insightful than most commentators, and he says far less things which make me cringe than the Tony Greigs and Dean Jones' of the world.