• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
It's like I've been saying it for years...

Oh wait, I have been.
Ha, well i shall take it as you rate him highly then. Following him in recent season he seems to be pretty good

For all the wonderful features Skysports has i'd love to see Australian domestic season to get to see certain players. i.e how Siddle shocked me in India dont as a student of the game don't want to go through that again.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Would have Paine anyday of week over Ronchi. Though he does need to work on his keeping as it is slightly below par. FC standard, but a bit off International standard. I wonder if Dawson will play or they give the gloves to Birt or Dighton.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Would have Paine anyday of week over Ronchi. Though he does need to work on his keeping as it is slightly below par. FC standard, but a bit off International standard. I wonder if Dawson will play or they give the gloves to Birt or Dighton.
Dawson should just get his underachieving self back to NSW IMO.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Dawson has been picked in the 12 and I don't see why he would be if he wasn't going to play.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Great win for QLD today.

Anyone else rate Chris Swan? He's looking the goods recently.
I've been a fan for a while. I remember telling you on MSN how much better than Sullivan he was and you disagreed. :p

But yeah, nice tall action, swings it both ways, good control. Can bowl an awesome spell when he's in a good mood.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I've been a fan for a while. I remember telling you on MSN how much better than Sullivan he was and you disagreed. :p

But yeah, nice tall action, swings it both ways, good control. Can bowl an awesome spell when he's in a good mood.
:laugh: Yeah I remember that conversation, even at the start of the season I thought Sullivan should have been getting picked ahead of Swan, I was wrong.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Sohail Tanvir joins Redbacks Twenty20 assault
12/12/2008
“Sohail is a proven Twenty20 player with a impressive IPL record playing with Warnie’s and winning team, the Rajasthan Royals – the same team as Younus Khan.
“His availability presents an exciting opportunity for the Redbacks and for South Australian cricket fans.
“The timing is ideal, we knew Younus was not going to be available to play Twenty20 for us so we had an opening for an international recruit to play that format of the game.
Sohail will arrive in Adelaide in time to play in the Redbacks’ first KFC Tweny20 Big Bash match against Western Australia at Adelaide Oval on 28 December. He will remain with the Redbacks for the full Big Bash season running through January 2009.
He was awarded the IPL “Purple Cap” as the leading wicket taker and ended the tournament, with 22 wickets from 11 matches at an average of 12.09. With an economy rate of 6.46 and a strike rate of 11.20 he was the best among bowlers with more than six wickets

Redbacks FRC team v RTA SpeedBlitz Blues
12/12/2008
“The Redbacks are coming off wins in both formats of the game, said coach, Mark Sorell.
“At the half way mark in the season, points are now crucial and this will provide us with the perfect opportunity to consolidate our recent success.”

Ford Ranger Cup 16 December 2008

Manou
Klinger
Cooper
Khan
Ferguson
O’Brien
Christian
Weeks
Cleary
Cullen
Haberfield
Tait

Out: Cameron Borgas

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was so stoked to see Dawson get a game for the Tigers yesterday, still a dire One Day player though. Reckon his career strike rate would be under 50 now. Cant see why he has only briefly been able to cut it at the First Class level.

Top_Cat

Sohail Tanvir joins Redbacks Twenty20 assault
12/12/2008
“Sohail is a proven Twenty20 player with a impressive IPL record playing with Warnie’s and winning team, the Rajasthan Royals – the same team as Younus Khan.
“His availability presents an exciting opportunity for the Redbacks and for South Australian cricket fans.
“The timing is ideal, we knew Younus was not going to be available to play Twenty20 for us so we had an opening for an international recruit to play that format of the game.
Sohail will arrive in Adelaide in time to play in the Redbacks’ first KFC Tweny20 Big Bash match against Western Australia at Adelaide Oval on 28 December. He will remain with the Redbacks for the full Big Bash season running through January 2009.
He was awarded the IPL “Purple Cap” as the leading wicket taker and ended the tournament, with 22 wickets from 11 matches at an average of 12.09. With an economy rate of 6.46 and a strike rate of 11.20 he was the best among bowlers with more than six wickets

Redbacks FRC team v RTA SpeedBlitz Blues
12/12/2008
“The Redbacks are coming off wins in both formats of the game, said coach, Mark Sorell.
“At the half way mark in the season, points are now crucial and this will provide us with the perfect opportunity to consolidate our recent success.”

Ford Ranger Cup 16 December 2008

Manou
Klinger
Cooper
Khan
Ferguson
O’Brien
Christian
Weeks
Cleary
Cullen
Haberfield
Tait

Out: Cameron Borgas
Love Tanvir so this is good news, for mine.

Simon

Dawson should just get his underachieving self back to NSW IMO.
Dawson is very much from the ACT not NSW actually. Firstly you guys pinch the likes of Bevan, Haddin and Higgs and now you're trying to claim ones that aren't that good anyway?!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
WA vs VIC started today, should be a good contest.

WA 2/77 at lunch, suprised that Vic's went with Quiney at 7, with McDonald the 4th bowler.

Bandy 33*, is batting at 3, with Pomersbach at 5, think this is a great move. Mangan playing ahead of Heal too, hope he does well.

Easto241091

Cricket Spectator
Any thoughts of shaun marsh opening the batting for W.A. He did all right against the west indies opening but he has done barely anything opening for W.A. He's seemed to have lost his natural stroke play and looks a bit uncomfortable opening. I think he would be more effective coming in at #3 or 4. He's a great cricketer, but his talent seems to be wasted by opening.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Actually I wonder if Quiney is playing cause Siddle got a call up for Australia?

Regarding Marsh - I don't think opening his best position, but he's more of an opener than the other big 3 Voges, North and Pomersbach who all demand a spot in the 6.