• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

Jakester1288

International Regular
Great run chase from South Australia there, Klinger with another century, 133* continues his golden run this season. I have only seen one other one day domestic game where there were more than 600 runs scored, and the team batting second chased down 300. It was last year, also featuring South Australia.

Well played lads.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
God dammit, I had a chance to go to the game too! And SA won! The only time this season I haven't gone too. GEEZ. Good to see Duval take some tap, was a **** when he was playing here.

Feeeeeergy. Just debut him now imo.
Guaranteed, the bubble of form he's in will burst real quick.

Julian87

State Captain
Disagree. Klinger and O'Brien are on the verge of huge seasons in both forms of the game. Christian wasn't that bad for them last year.

I'm happy, I'm a convert this season anyway. I take it Manou batted ahead of O'Brien because of the run rate?
Loving SA's form.

pup11

International Coach
Fergy the best batsmen in the world with a List A averager under 30?
Tbh he has all the talent in the world, some of the shots he plays are truly breathtaking and this season he has strung together some good performances, so hopefully he would continue to improve further from here on.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Tbh he has all the talent in the world, some of the shots he plays are truly breathtaking and this season he has strung together some good performances, so hopefully he would continue to improve further from here on.
Definitely my Ford Ranger Young Gun, hoping to win this comp to get tickets to Lords. :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I do actually agree with you. Just think he got thrown in deep end like a lot of SA players around the time he started. Most of them seem to have fallen by the waste side, but it looks like he might be one that could turn good. Reckon in a couple seasons he will be one those players you say, "if you take out his first three seasons he got the record of one of the best bats in the comp."

Get the feeling though the same thing might happen to quite a few of these young NSW players. They are going to have some very mediocre records after 3-4 seasons. But dominate after they are experienced and actually ready for FC cricket.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I do actually agree with you. Just think he got thrown in deep end like a lot of SA players around the time he started. Most of them seem to have fallen by the waste side, but it looks like he might be one that could turn good. Reckon in a couple seasons he will be one those players you say, "if you take out his first three seasons he got the record of one of the best bats in the comp."

Get the feeling though the same thing might happen to quite a few of these young NSW players. They are going to have some very mediocre records after 3-4 seasons. But dominate after they are experienced and actually ready for FC cricket.
Yeah but he's no newbie, been around the state set-up since he was about 16. He's never won the Bradman medal, never come close, never topped the run-scorers, etc. He'd be lucky to be averaging 40 overall for his club, seriously. He's always been given a free ride up through the grades because he 'looks good'.

I know the NZ'ers go on about how they know dibbly dobblers when they see them. Well, as an SA fan, I know a batsmen who's all style and no substance. Unless there are some serious changes, he'll always flatter to deceive. I'll be ecstatic if he proves me wrong.

And comparing NSW grade cricket to SA, you may as well be comparing cricket to gardening; SA's grade structure breeds and encourages mediocrity.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah but he's no newbie, been around the state set-up since he was about 16. He's never won the Bradman medal, never come close, never topped the run-scorers, etc. He'd be lucky to be averaging 40 overall for his club, seriously. He's always been given a free ride up through the grades because he 'looks good'.

I know the NZ'ers go on about how they know dibbly dobblers when they see them. Well, as an SA fan, I know a batsmen who's all style and no substance. Unless there are some serious changes, he'll always flatter to deceive. I'll be ecstatic if he proves me wrong.

And comparing NSW grade cricket to SA, you may as well be comparing cricket to gardening; SA's grade structure breeds and encourages mediocrity.
That is probably his biggested problem all best state and international players in Australia had that one good drop. Where they were forced to go back to grade cricket or state cricket and work on their game. I think he got dropped once at the back end of the season and then got recalled straight away next season.

I can't see him getting dropped now as he actually scoring runs now. But if got a decent drop a couple seasons back I reckon he would be a lot better batter for it.

Though as you say the grade struture in SA isn't that good and one of reasons why someone like Bailey never improved his game. So maybe dropping back to SA grade cricket wouldn't make much of a difference. Though sometimes that drop is more mental then technical.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
How do you guys rate Tim Paine potential right now to be the second best keeper/batsman in Australia instead of Ronchi?.