• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

pup11

International Coach
And out for 97 LBW off Doherty. Worst LBW call I have seen in a long time, no way was that out. Maybe if there was a second set of stumps, then sure. But there isn't, so that was quite harsh.
Amazing stuff from Warner, and as you said the guy desevered a century for a knock like that, just a shame i missed watching such an exciting game live, but nonetheless i am very impressed with Warner, he seems to be an absolute clean striker of the ball and some shots of his through the square region on both sides the pitch reminded me a lot of Jayasuriya.

I know everyone has been taking a lot about the young Phil Hughes, but another kid that i have been really impressed with has been Steven Smith, for a 19 year old he shows good temperament and seems to chip in everytime with either bat or ball almost everytime thoughtout this season so far.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Tait ruled out for the OD tommorow vs TAS

Being cautious or something for his injury. Cleary repleaces him.

Not looking good :(

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
SA's attack is pretty rubbish it must be said.

Looks like I'm going to lose my highest run scorer for the season bet between Marsh and Bailey.

pup11

International Coach
Birt gone! 94.

Lucky, if he batted a few more overs and we would be chasing 340
Gotta say it was a pretty good move from Birt to move down the order in OD games, he probably realises that Hussey and Symonds might not be there in the Aussie ODI side after a few years so i guess he is just trying to develop himself as a finisher and mould himself in that role to have a chance to play for Australia in the future.

Precambrian

Banned
Gotta say it was a pretty good move from Birt to move down the order in OD games, he probably realises that Hussey and Symonds might not be there in the Aussie ODI side after a few years so i guess he is just trying to develop himself as a finisher and mould himself in that role to have a chance to play for Australia in the future.
His OD average is still mediocre. Around 30. Do you think he has a future in the greens?

Craig

World Traveller
Amazing stuff from Warner, and as you said the guy desevered a century for a knock like that, just a shame i missed watching such an exciting game live, but nonetheless i am very impressed with Warner, he seems to be an absolute clean striker of the ball and some shots of his through the square region on both sides the pitch reminded me a lot of Jayasuriya.

I know everyone has been taking a lot about the young Phil Hughes, but another kid that i have been really impressed with has been Steven Smith, for a 19 year old he shows good temperament and seems to chip in everytime with either bat or ball almost everytime thoughtout this season so far.
There was talk in the paper a few days back and apparently Warner and his manager have been in talks with a few IPL teams. Would be interesting to see what he would go for.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting to see Marsh has used 6 bowlers before Krejza including himself and Doherty.
Only got selected cus the Aussie selected made them pick him. Good to see Marsh sticking it up to selectors and forcing them to pick a player not in their OD plans. Biggest joke ever they made him play.

pup11

International Coach
There was talk in the paper a few days back and apparently Warner and his manager have been in talks with a few IPL teams. Would be interesting to see what he would go for.
Considering young Moises Henriques went for US$ 300,000, therefore Warner can surely expect a bit more than that, from what i have seen of him he could be a serious success in the IPL, so i am not surprised that many franchises are showing their interest in him.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
His OD average is still mediocre. Around 30. Do you think he has a future in the greens?
Considering the way he is going atm, if he sustains this for a season or two, then of course he would get a gig in the Aussie ODI side.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Only got selected cus the Aussie selected made them pick him. Good to see Marsh sticking it up to selectors and forcing them to pick a player not in their OD plans. Biggest joke ever they made him play.
Agree really, but at least it hasn't cost them anything. They would have picked a batsman ahead of him if anything and given the way their innings went, I doubt the batsman would have done any better than the 20 (12) Krejza scored.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Considering the way he is going atm, if he sustains this for a season or two, then of course he would get a gig in the Aussie ODI side.
That the big question, always been able to produce some fine knocks. but struggles to produce them week in week out. Yet to really show signs he can improve on that aspect of his game.

pup11

International Coach
Gotta love Klinger' consistent run scoring, i mean the guy has totally transformed himself into a run-machine after switching over to South Australia, he might be kicking himself for not doing this earlier.

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
I knew of Klinger years ago, and thought 'he has talent', obviously he hasn't gone on with it until now.

Jakester1288

International Regular
This is going down to the wire, South Australia require another 35 runs with 7 wickets and 28 balls remaining. Krejza just got Ferguson, who was 52 off 35, and looking to take the game home for SA. Hoping Christan can make some runs, but most importantly Klinger lead them home.