• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And out for 97 LBW off Doherty. Worst LBW call I have seen in a long time, no way was that out. Maybe if there was a second set of stumps, then sure. But there isn't, so that was quite harsh.

Ump was getting sick of waving 4...;)

Craig

World Traveller
I feel robbed. I went out, came back and switched the telly on and to see him 97* off 52 balls and then he was given out. Mind you by the look of him, quick singles are not his forte.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Does anyone think Warner and Hughes possible future opening for Australia? Warner for ODIs and Hughes for tests.
No, all Warner has done is hit the same bowling attack on a similarly-sized ground in the same week for the same result. When he starts dominating the competition, let me know.

Edit: but he plays for NSW so I guess he's a lock.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Fair ****ing bit of young talent coming through, tbh don't think we'll ever struggle on the international stage again.

iamdavid

International Debutant
I wasn't particularly impressed with Phill Hughes today, I know his technique is a little unorthodox, but the footwork looked very fidgety and he often seemed to be on the move as he made contact with the ball....the foot movement in the shot he got out to was particularly odd...is he just trying to improvise or is that the way he bats in four day cricket aswell?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I wasn't particularly impressed with Phill Hughes today, I know his technique is a little unorthodox, but the footwork looked very fidgety and he often seemed to be on the move as he made contact with the ball....the foot movement in the shot he got out to was particularly odd...is he just trying to improvise or is that the way he bats in four day cricket aswell?
Haven't ever seen him bat outside of 50-over cricket, but he's always had an odd style of batting. Moves about the crease and plays very low to the ground. Can't argue with runs though, Simon Katich looks ridiculous, he seems to go alright.

iamdavid

International Debutant
That is true I suppose, however in Katich's case his movement in the crease is before the bowler releases the ball, he's always perfectly still at the point of impact, and he repeats the exact same movement for every delivery. Hughes a couple of times today was still on the move when the ball reached him and he wasnt doing the same thing every ball, it seemed pretty random lol.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
That is true I suppose, however in Katich's case his movement in the crease is before the bowler releases the ball, he's always perfectly still at the point of impact, and he repeats the exact same movement for every delivery. Hughes a couple of times today was still on the move when the ball reached him and he wasnt doing the same thing every ball, it seemed pretty random lol.
I imagine he'd be stiller at the crease when quick runs aren't of a premium, though I won't be sure until I make it to a Shield game (hopefully the first one of the new year).

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Don't like the katto crits tbh. To me he's a dream to watch.

Then again I like watching Collingwood bat.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
West End Redbacks FRC v Tasmanian Tigers
07/12/2008
Allrounder Matthew Weeks rejoins the Redbacks in the wake of outstanding grade cricket performances for Port Adelaide.

While right arm fast bowler Jake Haberfield (Tea Tree Gully), currently in his second year as a Redbacks rookie, looks set to make his first class debut after some excellent Cricket Australia Cup returns.

West End Redbacks Ford Ranger Cup team

Manou ©
Borgas
Christian
Cullen
Cooper
Ferguson
Haberfield
Khan
Klinger
O’Brien
Weeks
Tait

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Outstanding performances for Port Adelaide shouldn't count. No competition for places. Besides, a decent crosswind will snap a tendon or something. Compared to Weeks, Watto is Glenn McGrath.