• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Zimbabwe Thread

Loony BoB

International Captain
If Ponting is to accuse Lara of being selfish and then follow up by allowing his players to break world records against teams such as the current Zimbabwe, I would imagine he'll end up blushing just a little as a few comments pass him by.

At the same time, for all we know there won't be a test match played at all and that'll take care of that. Speed laying down the law, finally.

Scallywag

Banned
Loony BoB said:
If Ponting is to accuse Lara of being selfish and then follow up by allowing his players to break world records against teams such as the current Zimbabwe, I would imagine he'll end up blushing just a little as a few comments pass him by.

At the same time, for all we know there won't be a test match played at all and that'll take care of that. Speed laying down the law, finally.
You must be expecting Ponting to run the batsmen out and bowling himself.

chicane

State Captain
Craig said:
Wow, Sibanda shows he actually can play.

What names do these Zimbabwe A cricketers have: Wisdom Siziba, Justice Chibhabha, and Innocent Chinyoka!
Blessing Mahwire, Prosper Utseya.......

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Wisdom Siziba, Justice Chibhabha, and Innocent Chinyoka!

Well the first 2 have no future in International Cricket - with this ICC there's no place for Wisdom or Justice in World Cricket.

Wazim

School Boy/Girl Captain
the reason it is like that, is because their name is too hard to pronounce...so the govt or the "White man" change it to something simple

this is the same case back in the 40s with india..english people couldnt pronounce their last name that u will see old indian cricketeers like nawab engineer(because he was a enigineer)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Wazim said:
the reason it is like that, is because their name is too hard to pronounce...so the govt or the "White man" change it to something simple

The Zimbabwean Government is White?!!!!!!

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Zimbabwe A 1st Innings
All Out for 151

Australia 1st Innings
All Out for 448 off 94.2 overs
Ponting 87
Langer 84
Hayden 61

Chinyoka 2/47 (11)
Maungwa 2/88 (20)
Ruswa 2/99 (20)

Match Drawn

The way things are going, this match could of been Australia's one and only in Zimbabwe.

Wazim

School Boy/Girl Captain
actually, just the stests will be called off, they will switch the two tests for two more one dayers

Revelation

U19 Debutant
they should and i totally support that. i wonder though, if the ICC will get the require votes. they need 7 from the 10 Test nations. They can count that Zim will not vote themselves out, so that's 7 of 9.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Revelation said:
they should and i totally support that. i wonder though, if the ICC will get the require votes. they need 7 from the 10 Test nations. They can count that Zim will not vote themselves out, so that's 7 of 9.
I cant see Bangladesh voting out the only team worse than them either :)
So say 7 of 8...SA would be under extreme presure not to vote so thats 7 of 7 needed...not as easy as you'd first think.

Revelation

U19 Debutant
Unfortunately, I think the WICB will support Zimbabwe. They have in the pas and they have not indicated that they will change that. I think it is based mainly on race though, and they (the WICB) have come in for heavy criticism in many islands, including T&T, for their stance against Zimbabwe.

Make that trying to get 7 votes from 6 countries and guess what? The vote fails, the Tests go ahead and Mugabe wins again.

Dingo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
If the Tests are cancelled, Australia will almost certainly leave. In effect, they will have sent at least four players to Zimbabwe to play one non-FC match. What a joke.

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Wazim said:
actually, just the stests will be called off, they will switch the two tests for two more one dayers
There is no point to that. Zimbabwe is still going to field a weak and politically influenced (not picking players on form) side regardless of it being a Test or ODI. If the Tests were stopped to protect the integrity of Test Cricket, then the ODI's should be stopped to protect the integrity of One Day International Cricket as well. :)

They should either play the two Tests & three ODI's or the tour should be called off, one or the other.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Ford_GTHO351 said:
If the Tests were stopped to protect the integrity of Test Cricket, then the ODI's should be stopped to protect the integrity of One Day International Cricket as well. :)
It's kind of a funny comment to make ON one-day cricket by the ICC. Surely "the integrity of international cricket" would have made a better pledge.

Slow Love™

International Captain
marc71178 said:
The Zimbabwean Government is White?!!!!!!
What he's saying is that it's a colonial hangover. Ascendents within these guys' families will have been "given" those names.

You see the same in African-American slave culture.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ford_GTHO351 said:
If the Tests were stopped to protect the integrity of Test Cricket, then the ODI's should be stopped to protect the integrity of One Day International Cricket as well.
Im sure the current Zimbabwe team would still traunce Holland, Namibia and Canada (without Davison).

spofta

Banned
You guyz are idiots thinking warne is a good player. He is Crap. Bowls much like chris martin and bowls halftrackers maybe a player to develop in a development team. Also Ponting is an Average batter i personally think Brad Hogg would be a better player and a much better captain.