• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Zimbabwe Thread

Dingo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Prince EWS said:
I have a feeling that they will let the matches be played, but just not count them as tests.
In that case, the Sri Lankan series should also be declared null and void as Test matches. Just because they've been played doesn't mean they can be retrospectively stripped of their status.

spofta said:
You guyz are idiots thinking warne is a good player. He is Crap. Bowls much like chris martin and bowls halftrackers maybe a player to develop in a development team. Also Ponting is an Average batter i personally think Brad Hogg would be a better player and a much better captain.
Whatever drugs you're on, can you please send some to me? My address is...

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
spofta said:
You guyz are idiots thinking warne is a good player. He is Crap. Bowls much like chris martin and bowls halftrackers maybe a player to develop in a development team. Also Ponting is an Average batter i personally think Brad Hogg would be a better player and a much better captain.
Stop - you're giving kiwis a bad name :D :p

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Wazim said:
the reason it is like that, is because their name is too hard to pronounce...so the govt or the "White man" change it to something simple

this is the same case back in the 40s with india..english people couldnt pronounce their last name that u will see old indian cricketeers like nawab engineer(because he was a enigineer)
Dude, that's the dumbest explanation I heard being given to the name of Faroukh Engineer or Nawab Pataudi, 2 of India's fine cricketers!! You are either thick or happily showing away your ignorance!!

I suggest you eat more curry and read more from Wisden Cricket almanac.

Craig

World Traveller
spofta said:
:blink: :wacko: :-O :ph34r:

No offence, but you have Amits comments sound logical.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
they cant cancel the tests so soon before they begin, especially as Sri Lnaka got a crack at them at this level

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
age_master said:
they cant cancel the tests so soon before they begin, especially as Sri Lnaka got a crack at them at this level
Of course they can, should and probably will.

Are you seriously suggesting that there could be any good reason whatsoever for playing the games under the circumstances?

Do records mean that much to you?

bennyr

U19 12th Man
age_master said:
As much as most Aussie fans want to see Warnie take 38 wickets in a two test series and claim the record, I think Australia "having a crack at them" cannot be justified because Sri Lanka did.

If the tests go ahead it can only further soil the reputation of test cricket. Not because they are crap, but because it is not the best Zimbabwean team, and the ZCU is systematically denying the best team the opportunity to be fielded.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
bennyr said:
As much as most Aussie fans want to see Warnie take 38 wickets in a two test series and claim the record, <snipped>
So you reckon the other Aussie bowlers are rubbish too, eh?

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
spofta said:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Prince EWS said:
Im sure the current Zimbabwe team would still traunce Holland, Namibia and Canada (without Davison).
Their ODI status SHOULD still be dropped if the team is being picked on racial grounds.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Prince EWS said:
Im sure the current Zimbabwe team would still traunce Holland, Namibia and Canada (without Davison).
Namibia in Zimbabwe this January suggests otherwise.

Namibia won the "ODIs" against a Zimbabwe A side that's stronger than the current Test side 3-1, won the 3-day game, and thumped the Under 19s.

And Holland are by common consent better than Namibia. I'd also bracket Ireland on current form with those two.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ide say the current Zimbabwe is much stronger, especially the bowling! None of those bowlers would make the current side.

Also, I doubt that Coventry and Sims would make it, but it would be touch and go. Hoffman certainly wouldnt.

Only Gripper, Marillier and Ewing would make the current team (and possibly Sims), with Maregwede allready being apart of it.

And this is with proper selection as well....

Craig

World Traveller
First they dont want to play, then they do, they dont, then they are included, will they make up their bloody minds?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
bennyr said:
I think Australia "having a crack at them" cannot be justified because Sri Lanka did.

equal opportunities please, if Australia doesnt get a crack at Zimbabwe its simply not fair that the games Sri Lanka played against them count.

bennyr

U19 12th Man
age_master said:
equal opportunities please, if Australia doesnt get a crack at Zimbabwe its simply not fair that the games Sri Lanka played against them count.
As much as I detest cliches:

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Sure, it's unfortunate that SL got a couple of cheap victories and good unwarranted stats, but how long are we to let it go on for? I'm sure the Bangladeshis would love a crack at them, but if they did and won that would not be an appropriate way for them to get their first victory.

If Australia plays them and they get banned after that, then it's not fair on South Africa. Stop the madness now.