• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Zimbabwe Thread

PY

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
We've established he's a combination of stupid, ignorant, blind and biased already in the last hour.
And he's a private school boy. Oh wait.............

;)

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dion Ebrahim will miss the First Test against Australia having been banned for saying that a leg-break from Murali was "the first legal delivery he bowled - that's my personal opinion."

Seems a touch draconian..

Scallywag

Banned
Neil Pickup said:
Dion Ebrahim will miss the First Test against Australia having been banned for saying that a leg-break from Murali was "the first legal delivery he bowled - that's my personal opinion."

Maybe Zimbabwe should refuse to play the next match against Sri Lanka unless the ban is removed. Perhaps even just refuse to continue this game.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:

Apparently it came about because the Sri Lankans complained about it (from what I've read, he wasn;t being 100% serious!

Stll, had it been a white player, he'd probably have got a life ban!

blackcapsrule

State 12th Man
Who do you guys think will be the players to watch in the series. I think Bond, Fleming, Oram, Vaughan, Thorpe and Harmisson.

Go NZ

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
blackcapsrule said:
Who do you guys think will be the players to watch in the series. I think Bond, Fleming, Oram, Vaughan, Thorpe and Harmisson.

Go NZ
Unless Zimbabwe overhaul their selection policy again, I doubt we will see any of those players. :p

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Apparently it came about because the Sri Lankans complained about it (from what I've read, he wasn;t being 100% serious!

Stll, had it been a white player, he'd probably have got a life ban!
Sometimes I wonder that they have to grow up and get over it.

Whether he chucks or not is open to debate, but to go around complaining that he said that a certain ball was legal and demanding he get banned is a bit OTT.

tooextracool

International Coach
Craig said:
Sometimes I wonder that they have to grow up and get over it.

Whether he chucks or not is open to debate, but to go around complaining that he said that a certain ball was legal and demanding he get banned is a bit OTT.
yeah i find it quite ridiculous that someone cant voice his opinion about murali...why does it matter if someone calls him a chucker? the power lies with the icc and only if they call him a chucker then and only then should bans be implemented.
the Sri lankans(not the zims) particularly murali do seem to be like schoolboys always telling tales about other players(remember hussain). he needs to learn that he has to live with all the criticism he gets....hes got the most wickets in tests, cant expect the world to always to be nice and rosy for him.

Craig

World Traveller
It's cricket gagging laws that annoys me. A player should be allowed to voice an opinion within reason.

Brad Williams got fined and recieved counselling after being left out of the Brisbane Test v India after saying: "I apparently bowl with the wrong arm...". tell me how on earth counselling would have been effective or made a difference?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
tooextracool said:
yeah i find it quite ridiculous that someone cant voice his opinion about murali...why does it matter if someone calls him a chucker?

It's inconsistency that gets me - can't see what Ebrahim has done that is so different to other International Cricketers?

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Zimbabwe A v Australians (two day match)

Day One (Zimbabwe A won the toss)

Zimbabwe A 1st Innings
All out for 151 off 57 overs
Sibanda 48
Siziba 22
Strydom 21

Gillespie 4/25 (14)
Kasprowicz 2/26 (10)
Warne 2/14 (3)

Australians 1st Innings
1/151 off 31 overs
Langer 79*
Hayden 61
Ponting 1*

Manyande 1/5 (1)
Maungwa 0/28 (8)
Chinyoka 0/7 (2)

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:

It does seem very very harsh

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah the gagging laws are just appaling, and a sad reflection on the general state of this PC infested community in general..

Murali knows full well why there is so much controversy, he has caused it, so he should live with it, and so should his team mates...

Wazim

School Boy/Girl Captain
i think this is a joke of a tour and i think hayden may claim his record and zim make batting wickets, so i will not be surprised...

i think if this tour turns out to be a joke, zim should be banned as it is a insult to test status..that or test status is stripped and they r a full odi nation like kenya

or they do have a weakened side so the zcu should invte kenya over for 3 odis...shouldnt cost much as they r near neighbours

Craig

World Traveller
Wow, Sibanda shows he actually can play.

What names do these Zimbabwe A cricketers have: Wisdom Siziba, Justice Chibhabha, and Innocent Chinyoka!