• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

WindieWeathers

International Regular
You dont know how funny that is, Narine has taken 11 Australian wickets and 8 of those are bowlers.

Err how many times has he taken Husseys wicket in the five matches they have played?.:laugh::laugh:
Thats not accurate, he got Wade three times who is a wicket-keeper/batsman, he got both Hussey brothers in one of the games aswell plus Waner and Christian too, only four of his wickets were bowlers (Lee once, Mckay twice and Doherty once), anyway this is what Hussey had to say about Narine!!!...

“Personally I was pretty happy that he’s (Sunil Narine) gone over to the IPL,” Hussey said on Good Friday. “I, and all the guys, found him a huge challenge in the one-day series, particularly in St Vincent where the conditions were obviously very spin-friendly. It did take me a good two or three games to get used to his action, his deliveries and what he was trying to do with the ball. I think it’s a bit of a win for our team that he’s not here…”
LINK

Michael ain't no fool, he knows his team would have been up against it if Narine had stayed for the tests!!, especially on that day five track!! :D .

Migara

International Coach
for the last bloody time we beat sl in sl on pitches that included a raging dustbowl.
That's the worst thing to do against teams with meediocre spinners. Helpful tracks will just take that advantage away from good spinners who can spin it on even dead tracks.

Spark

Global Moderator
That's the worst thing to do against teams with meediocre spinners. Helpful tracks will just take that advantage away from good spinners who can spin it on even dead tracks.
I see your point, but I'm not sure how this is relevant...?

Migara

International Coach
I see your point, but I'm not sure how this is relevant...?
west indies spinners are palpably better than what Aussies have in their cupboard at the moment. Preparing a raging turner will just nullify that advantage.

Spark

Global Moderator
west indies spinners are palpably better than what Aussies have in their cupboard at the moment. Preparing a raging turner will just nullify that advantage.
Right, but we're not really talking about that, we're talking about whether Ponting, Clarke, Hussey are competent against spin, which they patently are.

TNT

Banned
First it was Benn who was going to dismantle Australia (btw where is he now) then it was Bishoo who was going to take Australia apart but it didnt happen so now we have Narine who is yet to play a test and he is going to destroy Australia. Can you see a pattern emerging here.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
First it was Benn who was going to dismantle Australia (btw where is he now) then it was Bishoo who was going to take Australia apart but it didnt happen so now we have Narine who is yet to play a test and he is going to destroy Australia. Can you see a pattern emerging here.
Erm who said Benn was gonna "dismantle" Australia? :unsure: i'd love to know!!!..furthermore Narine is in a totally different class to those two you mentioned, it's apples and oranges, put Narine on a spinning wicket and he'll hurt ANY team, not just fourth ranked Australia :cool: .

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
New topic. Where does everyone rate Carlton Baugh in terms of keepers around the world?

I'm talking about the art of wicket keeping not batting. I think that Prasanna Jayawardene is the best and Carlton Baugh is in second place.

TNT

Banned
Erm who said Benn was gonna "dismantle" Australia? :unsure: i'd love to know!!!..furthermore Narine is in a totally different class to those two you mentioned, it's apples and oranges, put Narine on a spinning wicket and he'll hurt ANY team, not just fourth ranked Australia :cool: .
Draw my attention to any test match where Narine hurt any team.

And guess who said this
yesterday in the t20 cup i saw a young man i was bigging up two years ago show all the tricks in the book for Guyana (i.e googly, flippers, Sliders, top spin etc) and took 3/20 in the process, his name is Devendra Bishoo, he's also done very well in the last couple of FC seasons, i hope Gibbo is watching him because he looks like he might be a bit special,

It was someone who was talking up Bishoo on the back of first class matches.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Draw my attention to any test match where Narine hurt any team.

And guess who said this
yesterday in the t20 cup i saw a young man i was bigging up two years ago show all the tricks in the book for Guyana (i.e googly, flippers, Sliders, top spin etc) and took 3/20 in the process, his name is Devendra Bishoo, he's also done very well in the last couple of FC seasons, i hope Gibbo is watching him because he looks like he might be a bit special,

It was someone who was talking up Bishoo on the back of first class matches.
And show me a test match where Narine has FAILED? :unsure: to imply that he's no good because he hasn't played a test yet is rather naive imo, have you even seen the lad bowl? if not then HERE'S a video of what he done to your beloved team, enjoy!! :laugh: ,

All those who have watched him know he's adapted his game to the longer format now, so the more time he's got to bowl the more dangerous he gets, as for Bishoo, well yes i made that statement and i stick by it, at the time he was dazzling the likes of Tendulkar in the champions league, he eventually came into the WI side for the world cup and most people were impressed, then he made his test debut against Pakistan and took a 4fer on debut, after that he went on to be named THE EMERGING CRICKETER OF THE YEAR, so obviously i got it wrong!! :D .

WindieWeathers

International Regular
WW rates West Indian spinners and hates Fidel Edwards?

Does it just to spite me IMO.
LOL no i just can't stand Fidel right now!! :D , he's just so erratic and far too expensive these days, i've had enough of him, time to promote the new crop like Jason Holder, Shannon Gabriel, Carlos Brathwaite etc, who are all tall and quick like the good old days.

Spark

Global Moderator
This kind of reminds me about the amazing hype over Tahir before he'd played a Test, how he supposedly made SA's attack complete and would be the next big thing in spin bowling etc. etc... and then proceeded to bowl mostly pies in his first series or two.

The only true metric of a Test bowler is a Test match. Simple as that.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
This kind of reminds me about the amazing hype over Tahir before he'd played a Test, how he supposedly made SA's attack complete and would be the next big thing in spin bowling etc. etc... and then proceeded to bowl mostly pies in his first series or two.

The only true metric of a Test bowler is a Test match. Simple as that.
To be honest Spark i think it's blatantly obvious that Sunil is in a different league to him, but i do understand what you're saying, we don't wanna hype him up too much but it's hard not to when he performs like he did in the odi series, he was also impressive on debut vs India, if he continues to develop then we believe he might be able to get close to the likes of Murali and Warne one day, the tools are all there, and he seems to be mentally strong aswell, but the more he plays the more that will be tested, and then we'll see if he is as good as we think he is.

If we're lucky he might make his test debut against England in May which would be a very tough place for him to start of course, but if not there then certainly at home against NZ, whenever it is it's gonna be fun to watch methinks!! :cool: .

uvelocity

International Coach
Were you originally from one of the islands ww? Only say originally as it says Brazil in the location section to the left.

Spark

Global Moderator
Tahir did well in ODIs too, in fact that was where a lot of the hype came from.

I'll rate him when I see him with a red ball in his hand against Test-quality batsmen in Test conditions.