• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

WindieWeathers

International Regular
If Rampaul is fit, then play him over Roach. Seriously.
And stick with that brainless idiot Fidel Edwards? :shock: not gonna happen, especially with Roach looking back to his best, Rampaul would be a major boost for us though, the worry is he's put on a few pounds since he last played for WI!!...word is he's being worked hard on the training field before sundays game!! :laugh: .

Was gutted about the last game but i'm really looking forward the second test to be honest, we lost the first odi and the first t20 only to come back, so i don't see why we can't do the same thing again, it probably won't be a high scoring game so that may suit us more.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If Rampaul is fit, then play him over Roach. Seriously.
Roach was good in the first Test, while Edwards was wayward. I would play Roach and Rampaul.

He's got no chance on the Trinidad track, so you're gonna have to think again i'm a afraid!! :laugh: .
Why can't West Indies produce fast tracks for the quicks? I didn't have a real problem with the pitch in the first game but in saying that I hope not all 3 are the same.

Spark

Global Moderator
Edwards wasn't in either of your teams, but Roach was. I agree that Edwards doesn't strike one as a particularly intelligent bowler.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Didnt you tell me that Bishoo was gonna flog us in the last test. :laugh:
Erm NO, i said that your lot haven't faced a decent spin attack in spin conditions for ages so you can't say that your team is better than ours against spin when we've actually faced India away (Ashwin and Ojha), Sri-lanka away (Mendis and Hereth) and Pakistan at home (with Ajmal and Rehman) over the past 18 months or so and drew two of those series, meanwhile Swann was having a ball in the last Ashes!! :laugh: ,

And btw if we're gonna judge Bishoo what did Lyon do in the last test? at least in our case Bishoo isn't even our best spinner, but Lyon is the best the Aussies have got isn't he? :ph34r: .

Last edited:

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Why can't West Indies produce fast tracks for the quicks? I didn't have a real problem with the pitch in the first game but in saying that I hope not all 3 are the same.
Yeah Sabina i'd say Sabina is still a pacers wicket to be honest, for some reason Jamaica didn't get a test this time, many believe it was to do with the whole Gayle situation!! :unsure: , the next test in Dominica might be conducive to pace aswell, so we'll have to wait and see.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
for the last bloody time we beat sl in sl on pitches that included a raging dustbowl.
So one test in how many years? :laugh: i just gave THREE different series where we've had to face double acts like Ajmal and Rehman on absolute mindfields, one test doesn't prove anything imo, especially when you was only up against one decent spinner (Hereth) who had no quality partner to help keep the pressure on.

Spark

Global Moderator
Uh it proves that our batsmen can play spin. Otherwise Hussey wouldn't have made 90, Clarke wouldn't have made a run-a-ball 60 etc etc

I mean sure you guys have faced Ajmal et al. And how did you go against them?

TNT

Banned
Erm NO, i said that your lot haven't faced a decent spin attack in spin conditions for ages so you can't say that your team is better than ours against spin when we've actually faced India away (Ashwin and Ojha), Sri-lanka away (Mendis and Hereth) and Pakistan at home (with Ajmal and Rehman) over the past 18 months or so and drew two of those series, meanwhile Swann was have a ball in the last Ashes!! :laugh: ,

And btw if we're gonna judge Bishoo what did Lyon do in the last test? at least in our case Bishoo isn't even our best spinner, but Lyon is the best the Aussies have got isn't he? :ph34r: .
How many tests wickets has your best test bowler taken?.:laugh::laugh:

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Uh it proves that our batsmen can play spin. Otherwise Hussey wouldn't have made 90, Clarke wouldn't have made a run-a-ball 60 etc etc

I mean sure you guys have faced Ajmal et al. And how did you go against them?
Ajmal got wickets but we did DRAW the series, therefore we can't have done that bad!! :laugh: , as for your lot, you didn't look that good against Narine on a spinners track it has to be said!!!.. same thing with Deo the other day, it's gonna be interesting to see how Australia cope when you play Pakistan away!!! :D .

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i like that lyon and bish00 were every bit as bad (with the ball) as the statwar before the match

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i like that lyon and bish00 were every bit as bad (with the ball) as the statwar before the match
and that the one stat I posted about them was that lyon so far in his test career has taken a lot of tailend wickets and that bish00 has taken a lot of middle order wickets and lyon's only wicket for the match was a bowler and bish00's was a middle order player.

TNT

Banned
Rampaul's taken 35 wickets!! :D

Now if we're talking about best SPINNER, well he's hasn't debuted yet, to the delight of Hussey and co of course!! :laugh: .
You dont know how funny that is, Narine has taken 11 Australian wickets and 8 of those are bowlers.

Err how many times has he taken Husseys wicket in the five matches they have played?.:laugh::laugh:

Spark

Global Moderator
Ajmal got wickets but we did DRAW the series, therefore we can't have done that bad!! :laugh: , as for your lot, you didn't look that good against Narine on a spinners track it has to be said!!!.. same thing with Deo the other day, it's gonna be interesting to see how Australia cope when you play Pakistan away!!! :D .
Yeah, in ODIs, without Ponting or Clarke.