• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
I don't know what you Aussie fans would do if you actually didn't have a good team. You guys were going bonkers over this team, and it doesn't seem that bad.

Meh, its happened to us before. It will happen to us again. We normally get down on the team, but then actually fix what's wrong and come back and fix up the rest...

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would bring Lee back in without a second thought. Carried the side for nearly two years, deserves more than some Indian tests and a few unlucky tests where his foot was broken before I lose faith in him.

So much knee-jerk re: this attack.
Not about faith for me, about match fitness and mental state. Sure he deserves to get every opportunity as he's built up plenty of interest in the bank. But straight back in the side having not bowled a ball in anger in how long? Risky.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Saffie commentators already claiming SA came into the series underdone. No excuse, if they were actually coming into the series lacking cricket, there's no excuse for the home side to be that way FFS. Would never happen in Aus. Of course, had the won, they'd have claimed it was the rest which did for them.....

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
These 2 series have gone to show that if any of the big three play below their best they're liable to get a drubbing from one of the others. It's great to see such a strong rivalry building at the top. Just what test cricket needs.

Considering Aus was pretty close at home, and this side is stronger than that side, I guess it could have been seen coming. Fair play to Nnanden for picking it :cool:

Series to finish 2-0.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Saffie commentators already claiming SA came into the series underdone. No excuse, if they were actually coming into the series lacking cricket, there's no excuse for the home side to be that way FFS. Would never happen in Aus. Of course, had the won, they'd have claimed it was the rest which did for them.....
Saffies had weaknesses in Oz and Australia didnt capitalise

Difference is that we've improved and taken advantage this time

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Brett Lee more than any bowler deserves to slot straight back into the XI. But I hope Lee, nor the selectors push for early selection. Brett Lee is such a rhythm bowler; bowled so well over his spell of dominance due to good fitness and mentally in a good state. A comeback from injury will unlikely see Lee close to a level that will allow him to enter his rhythm again. Lee has always struggled to immediately make an impact upon return from injury, give him time playing some first class cricket. The test team can wait, we want to get the most out of Brett Lee's remaining years.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, but Australia never tour in the middle of their home summer.