• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Is it 100% confirmed that Smith will not bat? One handed attempt? Would make him a more gutsy cricketer than Rick McCosker.

inbox24

International Debutant
That bowling attack will absolutely murder England. I'm putting at least $100 on Aus winning the Ashes.
Potentially, yes. But fitness and form (espesh Lee and Clark will be a concern). I reckon if Watto can come back and chip in with a few overs this could be a world wrecking pace attack, better than South Africa.

inbox24

International Debutant
Lol in a situation like this we need a jackhammer like Lee who can blast a few wickets out.

Instead we picked a tree branch like McDonald who basically prods.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Would bring Lee back in without a second thought. Carried the side for nearly two years, deserves more than some Indian tests and a few unlucky tests where his foot was broken before I lose faith in him.

So much knee-jerk re: this attack.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hilf! (y)

Do believe the fat lady is warming up in the dressing rooms (no, I'm not referring to Smith).

inbox24

International Debutant
Doom many looks like he will doom no more, for this test at least.

Hilfeh! That one wicket was worth the inclusion!

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What a cracker from Hilfenhaus...can't blame Duminy for getting out to that one. Good way to follow up a couple of wides!

Evermind

International Debutant
Would bring Lee back in without a second thought. Carried the side for nearly two years, deserves more than some Indian tests and a few unlucky tests where his foot was broken before I lose faith in him.
Yep.

And only with Lee (firing) and Clark back in the side will Australian attack be better than SA's.

Inbox24: do you want me to give you your avatar now?

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Terrific bouncer from Hilfenhaus. Game...set...almost match. I would prefer it if Hilfenhaus was picking up more wickets with his stock delivery, needs that outswing to become more of a wicket taking threat at this level.