• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I mean how can you not acknowledge the fact that this is also tiring out the Aussie bowlers and that helps South Africa in the context of the series...especially if one of them breaks down by the third test and it's the decider.
They are bowling voges and lyon and marsh

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Australia so flat that cant even pick the maharaj guy as if they want SA to bat forever. No real effort to finish off the tail. Pretty poor

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Sheesh, and this morning people were saying the Nine commentary was a lot better so far this test.

After listening to that Warne and Taylor session, I feel like I've been in the field for 160 overs as well.

DriveClub

International Regular
Sheesh, and this morning people were saying the Nine commentary was a lot better so far this test.

After listening to that Warne and Taylor session, I feel like I've been in the field for 160 overs as well.
It was punishing, I think I lost some hair during that session

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What I would love now, is we bowl Aus out before the end of the day.... could also sleep later tomorrow morning.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
C9 commentators laying into an opposition captain for not playing the "Aussie way" when they are the ones dominating the game. The complete lack of self awareness is incredible for me.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
C9 commentators laying into an opposition captain for not playing the "Aussie way" when they are the ones dominating the game. The complete lack of self awareness is incredible for me.
You don't think they have a point though?

If they declare now, fair enough, but if they bat much longer it's incomprehensibly defensive cricket IMO, even though they are short a bowler.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
You don't think they have a point though?

If they declare now, fair enough, but if they bat much longer it's incomprehensibly defensive cricket IMO, even though they are short a bowler.
There are different ways of playing the game..and it's a reflection of one's personality and approach and what works for one.

My inclination is more towards a cautious approach, where I want to first eradicate any chance of a defeat, then I want a solid cushion to compensate for the fact that I lost my main strike bowler, and then I want to keep the opposition on the field for as long as possible, firstly to tire out their batsmen especially Smith and Warner, and also their fast bowlers for the rest of the series.

Now this might not be everyone's cup of tea, and that's fine. C9 commentators are obviously the more daredevil type and want to play 'aggressive' cricket. This is fine. Ultimately the key is to win the game and people will do what they think will help them achieve that. For me, if I can rule out 1 result out of the 3 possible, I have gone a long way in achieving that.

anil1405

International Captain
4.5-5 sessions is a good amount of time to dismiss the opposition team.

Would rather want Aussie players on the field for an extra session or two (and gain psychological points) instead of finishing the test early on day 5

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The commentators just say what the broadcasters want a lot of times. How many times do you see them saying 'it makes sense not to declare for a session more'.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The broadcasters don't want the comms saying the cricket is boring... Especially not when Saffers score over 100 in a session with their lower order

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The only and I mean only downside to SA delaying their declaration is that their primary strike bowler has been batting in the sun for hours. Philander should just stay in the dressing room after lunch and let Rabada have a slog.