• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
There are different ways of playing the game..and it's a reflection of one's personality and approach and what works for one.

My inclination is more towards a cautious approach, where I want to first eradicate any chance of a defeat, then I want a solid cushion to compensate for the fact that I lost my main strike bowler, and then I want to keep the opposition on the field for as long as possible, firstly to tire out their batsmen especially Smith and Warner, and also their fast bowlers for the rest of the series.

Now this might not be everyone's cup of tea, and that's fine. C9 commentators are obviously the more daredevil type and want to play 'aggressive' cricket. This is fine. Ultimately the key is to win the game and people will do what they think will help them achieve that. For me, if I can rule out 1 result out of the 3 possible, I have gone a long way in achieving that.
Cautious approach is fine but if they bat like 1 hr after lunch interval thats overly cautious

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There are different ways of playing the game..and it's a reflection of one's personality and approach and what works for one.

My inclination is more towards a cautious approach, where I want to first eradicate any chance of a defeat, then I want a solid cushion to compensate for the fact that I lost my main strike bowler, and then I want to keep the opposition on the field for as long as possible, firstly to tire out their batsmen especially Smith and Warner, and also their fast bowlers for the rest of the series.

Now this might not be everyone's cup of tea, and that's fine. C9 commentators are obviously the more daredevil type and want to play 'aggressive' cricket. This is fine. Ultimately the key is to win the game and people will do what they think will help them achieve that. For me, if I can rule out 1 result out of the 3 possible, I have gone a long way in achieving that.
Very good points

Whether or not it's worth risking sacrificing a 1-0 lead though is another thing.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Also the philaner factor. Hes getting tired as well. You dont want him to run in after batting out so long. Philander is crucial in 4th innings