• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I've never played professional cricket and yet I can totally understand what Faf is thinking and these guys - Taylor and Warne with over 200 test matches between them cannot think from the perspective of a fellow cricketer. Unbelievable.

Howe_zat

Audio File
You'd think Warne might learn that endlessly repeating yourself in slightly different ways in order to make the same wrong-headed point over and over again might lead to problems as you inevitbly contradict yourself.

In the only moment in his current rant in which brain was engaged, he estimated the number of overs left as 150+ and said 'that's plenty'. A moment passed before realising that this one moment of actual thought contradicted his getonwithititis, he immediately disregarded it and carried on.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You'd think Warne might learn that endlessly repeating yourself in slightly different ways in order to make the same wrong-headed point over and over again might lead to problems as you inevitbly contradict yourself.
That relies on him actually remembering something.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think it's because vernon's bowling action isn't aesthetically pleasing, he has very similar stats to shaun pollock in bowling and batting
People wrote him off in England 2012 and he then won saffers the series, and then he missed a test vs Aus in Adelaide and everyone just decided he's a *****. Classic armchair criticism.

Last edited:

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
People wrote him off in England 2012 and he then won England the series, and then he missed a test vs Aus in Adelaide and everyone just decided he's a *****. Classic armchair criticism.
I could not believe some of the defending I had to do of Philander earlier in this thread.... I just gave it up after awhile.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I mean how can you not acknowledge the fact that this is also tiring out the Aussie bowlers and that helps South Africa in the context of the series...especially if one of them breaks down by the third test and it's the decider.