• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Australianness

hmmmmmmm... it was funny to see Border rant but I feel this is really what has gone wrong with Aussie cricket since Border era. Outside of the brief Mark Taylor era, it just seems like they equate being good at cricket with being **** as human beings. I know Border started it and Waugh was heavily influenced by it, and then the gen that came in around then was brought up in that environment that they reached new highs (lows?) under Ponting but also actually being one of the greatest ever sides assembled (both tests and ODIs).

To clarify, i don't mean that is how their selectors and admins etc see it but at a basic level, everytime they have played badly it's silly to see everyone just go "ah they r just being too friendly". I mean WTF? Y can't it just be they were not skilled enough in those games?

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Its amazing that saltshakerz is saltier than Aussies about this loss. :laugh:

Like most of his posts, it would be easy to laugh away at them if there weren't so ****ing many of them every damn page.

subshakerz

International Coach
Its amazing that saltshakerz is saltier than Aussies about this loss. :laugh:

Like most of his posts, it would be easy to laugh away at them if there weren't so ****ing many of them every damn page.
I usually back the underdog.

And look at your number of posts on this page alone.

Pls ignore my posts so then I can ignore replying to yours.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Well done India! Three more tests to go though, Australia are too good a side for us to get anywhere close to complacent…

Gob

International Coach
View attachment 34561I am sure this was discussed but couldn't stop myself from sharing again.

I too feel that the Australianness is missing since the retirement of McGrath, Warne, Langer.
This is stupid from Border tbh

Smith was giving a thumbs up for himself than anyone else for not following the ball and the bowler bowling a good ball to beat the edge. That is what gets him going and helped him to score loads of runs. I mean if you want rip in to some one, there are obviously better candidates than the bloke who somehow remained not out at the end

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
James Anderson is the #2 ranked bowler in the world, has the best away average of any seamer over the last 5 years, and averaged 7, 15 and 18 in his last series in Sri Lanka, India and Pakistan respectively.

You'd pick Cummins and Anderson. Don't overthink conditions.
I am probably a seamer short, but I'm not sure it would be Anderson as much as I love him. I might go for someone with a lower strike rate to give me aggressive bursts.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I'm not sure Border's comments hold any credence if I'm being honest.

The Aussies are the no 1 ranked test team in the world so they aren't doing much wrong.

Steve Smith giving the thumbs up to good deliveries isn't why the Aussies lost.

Playing top class spin on helpful wickets in India is very tough. Even Smith, probably the 2nd best batsmen in test history, struggled. He was bowled twice by Jadeja.

The brutal truth is that most of the Aussie batsmen simply haven't got the technique to play Ashwin and Jadeja in India - and nor for that matter has any other side in the world.

Chrish

International Debutant
Sundar is an amazing talent. He should be given a place somewhere in the squad IMO.. From what little I have seen of him, he looks pretty compact with ability to occupy the crease; a proper test player.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
If India can replace Rahul and SKY with Gill and Iyer, I am sure India's top and middle order will get more runs.

Rohit
Gill
Pujara
Kohli
Iyer
Jadeja
Ashwin
Bharat
Axar
Shami
Siraj

Chuck in Pant for Bharat and it becomes an ATG lineup.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
If India can replace Rahul and SKY with Gill and Iyer, I am sure India's top and middle order will get more runs.

Rohit
Gill
Pujara
Kohli
Iyer
Jadeja
Ashwin
Bharat
Axar
Shami
Siraj

Chuck in Pant for Bharat and it becomes an ATG lineup.
It really can’t be an ATG lineup when kohli and Pujara are in such woeful form

In fact, I’d say they’re the key for Australia to have any shot at competing in this series

Gob

International Coach
I'm not sure Border's comments hold any credence if I'm being honest.

The Aussies are the no 1 ranked test team in the world so they aren't doing much wrong.

Steve Smith giving the thumbs up to good deliveries isn't why the Aussies lost.

Playing top class spin on helpful wickets in India is very tough. Even Smith, probably the 2nd best batsmen in test history, struggled. He was bowled twice by Jadeja.

The brutal truth is that most of the Aussie batsmen simply haven't got the technique to play Ashwin and Jadeja in India - and nor for that matter has any other side in the world.
I'd go a step further and say not many in the history of the game is going to look fantastic playing that sort of bowling.