• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

R!TTER

State Regular
Only reason both are still test players is because of the brand they have on social media , influential and highly marketable players tend to get more chances than others sadly
I should write to Modi Ji to get twit & FB banned in India, just need to show them "Chinese investments" in these apps :angel_not

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I do think the gap between the sides is nowhere near as big as the final result suggests. The batting from Aus was mostly abject of course but they really could and should have restricted India to a far lower score, both through bowling to their actual standard more often and doing the simple task of holding their ****ing catches. Those Jadeja and Shami drops were absolutely brutal, both scorecard wise and for mentality.
I think the problem is that, in Indian conditions, there is a gap between the sides that’s in every position and in every situation. In many cases, the individual gap isn’t large but because it’s there top to bottom, it becomes huge in aggregate and makes Australia have to play exceptional (and/or large amount of luck and 50/50 calls go their way) while india have to play well below standard for Australia to win. It’s like in Chess, the way Hikaru Nakamura describes his play vs Carlsen is that Magnus just does everything a little better (a little better at openings, a little better at tactics, moderately better at endgames etc), making it very difficult to win overall - essentially Hikaru has to play perfectly and Magnus has to blunder. Hikaru may be overrating his abilities there, I have no idea - I suck at chess - but just as an analogy.

Gob

International Coach
I think the problem is that, in Indian conditions, there is a gap between the sides that’s in every position and in every situation. In many cases, the individual gap isn’t large but because it’s there top to bottom, it becomes huge in aggregate and makes Australia have to play exceptional (and/or large amount of luck and 50/50 calls go their way) while india have to play well below standard for Australia to win. It’s like in Chess, the way Hikaru Nakamura describes his play vs Carlsen is that Magnus just does everything a little better (a little better at openings, a little better at tactics, moderately better at endgames etc), making it very difficult to win overall - essentially Hikaru has to play perfectly and Magnus has to blunder. Hikaru may be overrating his abilities there, I have no idea - I suck at chess - but just as an analogy.
You made these names up

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
This India side is way ahead of Australia. They have the luxury of bringing in either Gill/Iyer (or both) and their pace/spin attack is far more potent and threatening than Aus

subshakerz

International Coach
This India side is way ahead of Australia. They have the luxury of bringing in either Gill/Iyer (or both) and their pace/spin attack is far more potent and threatening than Aus
Bull.

The real difference between the sides is one has Ashwin/Jadeja and the other does not. It's the only difference that matters.

On all other scores, Australia is better. But it won't make a difference since India have their cheat code.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Bull.

The real difference between the sides is one has Ashwin/Jadeja and the other does not. It's the only difference that matters.

On all other scores, Australia is better. But it won't make a difference since India have their cheat code.
Australia pace attack isn’t better than India for Asian conditions. Shami / Siraj are better than Cummins/ Starc in reverse swing skill.

subshakerz

International Coach
Australia pace attack isn’t better than India for Asian conditions. Shami / Siraj are better than Cummins/ Starc in reverse swing skill.
I don't think so since Australia didn't have their first choice pace attack this test. Not to deny Shami/Siraj are excellent support. But let's see how the series pans out, I sense Aussie pacers will have their shining moments.

anil1405

International Captain
Bull.

Last time Aus won a test series against India was back in 2014-15. Aus lost three series since then (two in their own backyard) and not in a great position here.

Umm yeah right, Aus is way ahead.

#subzlogic

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Bull.

Rohit Sharma is also a major difference , he gave a masterclass on how to negotiate spin , he was so far ahead of any top order batsman in the match it was scary, haven't seen anyone play spin that well in quite a while .