• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

subshakerz

International Coach
Okay but Rohit Sharma is averaging 76 in India across 21 tests, when everyone else including his own colleagues are struggling to average even half of that lately. Rohit Sharma is the best batsman in Indian conditions of all time statistically, so that has to be a point of difference if we are comparing teams .
I think Smith cancels him out given that he averages 60 facing Ashwin/Jadeja.

Shri

Mr. Glass
cummins and hazlewood are great and are equal to bumrah and shami

starc serves trash often while being capable of nice spells every now and then. probably worse than siraj. maybe as good as umesh. lyon is nowhere as good as ash or jaddu.

but cummins being so ****ing good makes aus bowling attack marginally better than india's. but if there is limited seam/swing on offer i would back india to outbowl australia

subshakerz

International Coach
cummins and hazlewood are great and are equal to bumrah and shami

starc serves trash often while being capable of nice spells every now and then. probably worse than siraj. maybe as good as umesh. lyon is nowhere as good as ash or jaddu.

but cummins being so ****ing good makes aus bowling attack marginally better than india's. but if there is limited seam/swing on offer i would back india to outbowl australia
What about Boland? He was excellent in this test mostly. And Starc > Siraj.

subshakerz

International Coach
Anyways, back to the point, this series is all about Australian bats vs. Indian spin. If they can win that contest, they win the series. If they can't they are going to lose hard. There is no need to overcomplicate our analysis.

Sunil1z

International Regular
I am really afraid of Steve Smith . The last time I was afraid of an opposition batsman so much was Jayasuriya.
Anwar/Hayden/Flower/Martyn/Cook/Root all scored runs against India in the past . But these batsmen never gave me the fear .

subshakerz

International Coach
boland is awesome. but so was peter siddle

starc only bullies sri lanka, west indies and new zealand. ordinary bowler against strong teams
Shri, can you tell me which of the Aussie bats you are mostly confident will fail this series please? Do you see no bat averaging more than 40?

Shri

Mr. Glass
Shri, can you tell me which of the Aussie bats you are mostly confident will fail this series please? Do you see no bat averaging more than 40?
smith, green and labu will be their best. will be surprised if anyone else average over 30. handscombwill probably be their 4th best but there will be daylight between first 3 bats and him