• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

R!TTER

State Regular
They give away freebies because they’re not test quality bowlers

Said it before, the last time Australia won in India we simply picked our best attack
You also batted first on flat tracks with no DRS back then. I really don't want to sound like tooting your own horn but you'd need an ATG team with nearly everyone in form & then virtually everything going your way, including the toss, to win here. DRS & more assistive pitches has changed the game almost completely, you can also blame 2 new balls in ODI's for this. Batters simply don't get to play top quality spin except against India/in Asia!

JonoWalls

Cricket Spectator
If you need to bring in a right-hander let it be Victor Trumper for chrissakes..
Agree with this. But hopefully they can use the extra time to prepare for the next game. Surely they can't start bowling with a lot of side-spin or introduce variations like the Indian spinners, but if these three spinners can keep it tight and use the natural variation available on rank turners, the Indian batters will also find it difficult.

Like I said earlier, the major issue with touring spinners is that they give away way too many freebies, which makes a huge difference in low scoring games. You rarely see the Indian spinners bowling loose stuff. Todd Murphy has picked 7 wickets, but he too has bowled quite a few innocuous deliveries in the game.
And he made a century for them while he was getting his seven...

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
You also batted first on flat tracks with no DRS back then. I really don't want to sound like tooting your own horn but you'd need an ATG team with nearly everyone in form & then virtually everything going your way, including the toss, to win here. DRS & more assistive pitches has changed the game almost completely, you can also blame 2 new balls in ODI's for this. Batters simply don't get to play top quality spin except against India/in Asia!
Haha yeah, it's actually OK to say Australia is completely ****ed. Because they are.

Socerer 01

International Captain
until other countries find an atg batting unit or world class spinners India are going to win at home unless they self sabotage themselves like at present with having passengers in the team

R!TTER

State Regular
Haha yeah, it's actually OK to say Australia is completely ****ed. Because they are.
Yes & tbh this team can go places if they drop the dead weight at the top including KL, Pujara & Kohli. Our biggest weakness these days is the swinging ball & basically that's it.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'd go :

1.Devon Conway
2.Joe Root
3.Steven Smith
4.Babar Azam
5.Harry Brook
6.Ben Stokes (C)
7.Dinesh Chandimal (WK)
8.Shakib AL Hasan
9.Simon Harmer
10.Ollie Robinson
11.Shaheen Afridi
Nice, I'd pick Harmer as horses for courses too.

1. Conway 2. Imam 3. Root 4. Smith 5. Williamson 6. Azam 7. Chandimal 8. Shakib 9. Harmer 10. Rashid Khan 11. Cummins
James Anderson is the #2 ranked bowler in the world, has the best away average of any seamer over the last 5 years, and averaged 7, 15 and 18 in his last series in Sri Lanka, India and Pakistan respectively.

You'd pick Cummins and Anderson. Don't overthink conditions.

Last edited:

Sunil1z

International Regular
until other countries find an atg batting unit or world class spinners India are going to win at home unless they self sabotage themselves like at present with having passengers in the team
Aus will perform better in upcoming Test . You can bet on it .
People were also dismissive about India after 36 all out . I think series started for Aus , similar to IND in Aus . Only way is UP now.

JonoWalls

Cricket Spectator
Yes, much respect for Scott Boland. Maybe OZ needs 4 bowlers like him changing ends. Just wear India down and then bring on the spinners