• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I'd pick Voges or Marsh, just because I wouldn't want to harm the future chances of D00lan by exposing him to those totally foreign conditions and I don't rate Bailey against spin.

Spikey

ESPNcricinfo ‏@ESPNcricinfo

India have confirmed Shikhar Dhawan will debut tomorrow. Ajinkya Rahane can finetune his drinks-carrying skills #indvaus

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
FFS Rahane has become perennial drinks carrier.

That's like 7/8 months now and 3/4 series he has been in the squad but not gotten a chance. Though i prefer him in the middle order, getting a chance opening is better than nothing.

Last edited:

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
FFS Rahane has become perennial drinks carrier.

That's like 7/8 months now and 3/4 series he has been in the squad but not gotten a chance. Though i prefer him in the middle order, getting a chance opening is better than nothing.
Been too honest on his wellness reports, one feels.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So if you were going to fly one batsmen over to India right now who would it be?

Voges, Marsh, Doolan, D. Hussey, Bailey, Ferguson, White?
Voges or Bailey

People seem to have been too quick to forget how badly Shaun Marsh's technique and temperament was exposed at test level

benchmark00

And his temperament was definitely the reason why he was dropped. Not sure what you've been eating at all these dinners, but I'd check to see if it was laced with something.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can we just spend a moment of the fact social called this 'one of the most ludicrous decisions in the the history of Australian sport' :laugh:
How many other Australian cricketers have been suspended by CA in history?

1. Warne - drugs

2. Lehmann - racial abuse

3. Long bow to say the WSC guys were suspended but I will allow it

Cant think of anymore off the top of my head other than these 4

****ing ludicrous

pup11

International Coach
And his temperament was definitely the reason why he was dropped. Not sure what you've been eating at all these dinners, but I'd check to see if it was laced with something.
If averaging 2.5 in a four test series against India where every top order batsman filled there boots wasn't bad enough, he then went back to WA and had disciplinary problems which almost led to his state contract getting cancelled. He has chronic back and hamstring problems that just flare up from nowhere and then his FC record isn't all that great either, so therefore no aspect of Shaun Marsh really make him an attractive national prospect anymore.

Voges and Bailey too are going to be my choices for a middle order berth, I am personally a little more in favor of Bailey more because of his age and leadership skills, but given the current state of the middle order can't see any harm in both of them walking into the side.

the penalty was totally disproportionate to the crime tbf
Symonds was lucky to play for as long as he did for Australia considering some of his off-field misadventures, this incident was basically like a straw that broke the camel's back, because the management had finally run out of patience with him, come to think of it the present scenario also is kind of similar.

benchmark00

How many other Australian cricketers have been suspended by CA in history?

1. Warne - drugs

2. Lehmann - racial abuse

3. Long bow to say the WSC guys were suspended but I will allow it

Cant think of anymore off the top of my head other than these 4

****ing ludicrous
:laugh:

Mitch and Shaun Marsh were suspended this season by their team management!

Totally unheard of. Totally.

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
If you think a mission statement is pointless you don't know what you're talking about.
Anyone who thinks a Mission Statement is of any worth is either a deluded and gullible (and probably bad) manager, an idiot or a Management Consultant.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Didnt realise WACA was CA

Keep going, it's too easy
wtf does that have to do with it? Who cares what organisation it is, it's about a team dropping a player or players for not doing what is asked of them off field. You think just because it's CA they should just tolerate it?

When you're wining and dining James Sutherland tonight, tell him that's what should happen.