• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
He's also the only person who still thinks there's nearly 60 overs to go.
There is, definately.

Even if England slow it down to 10 overs an hour, Australia can play on as long as they like.

Australia need to run through them very fast now.

Knopfler

School Boy/Girl Captain
social said:
Bottom edge into foot - all over.

Cant blame the umpire as it was a very difficult decision.
No offense intended, but I'm not entirely sure if you are joking or not I think you are.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
lol
damnit! Colly gone,well done to him!
Social, have you watched the replay? your watching fox so prolly not. channel 4 showed good replay and showed us that there was foot AND ground.
If jones deserves his spot in this team, he has to show it now!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Absolutely typical England, as soon as it begins to go irrefutably their way they lose a wicket.
Collingwood did a good job, but that was how he was playing Warne. Getting forward, bat and pad together to cover the spin. There is ALWAYS a danger of getting out like that, and it was going to happen eventually. I don't think Collingwood did anything any different or particularly rash, he just got the edge he kept threatening to get.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
No mention of it yet, but that's Warne's 2nd 10-fer in the series. It's his 10th for his career, and that's 38 wickets in the series which is the best since Alderman in 1989.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia really need to wrap things up quickly to have a chance of winning. Geraint Jones has been a bit of a thorn in their side with the bat, and if he gets settled he could hang around for a long time. Not really sure how many overs will be played, but Australia need to wrap it up in 10-15 overs at the absolute most.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
FaaipDeOiad said:
There is, definately.

Even if England slow it down to 10 overs an hour, Australia can play on as long as they like.

Australia need to run through them very fast now.
I was under the impression that there has to be a guaranteed 15 overs from start of last hour, but up until that last hour its irrelevent whether you ball at 15 overs per hour or 5 overs per hour.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
How is immediately turning down something that wasn't out a poor decision?

You can only go to the 3rd umpire if the 2 on field umpires are unsure of if it bounced or not.

Rudi quite clearly was sure it bounced (as then shown)

Best decision I've seen all series.
ummm how can u say rudi was sure. he went to bowden.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
Collingwood did a good job, but that was how he was playing Warne. Getting forward, bat and pad together to cover the spin. There is ALWAYS a danger of getting out like that, and it was going to happen eventually. I don't think Collingwood did anything any different or particularly rash, he just got the edge he kept threatening to get.
Yea, he didn't do anything wrong other than having the bat level with the pad, but as I say England never give you a comfortable ride as a fan.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SpaceMonkey said:
I was under the impression that there has to be a guaranteed 15 overs from start of last hour, but up until that last hour its irrelevent whether you ball at 15 overs per hour or 5 overs per hour.
Yes that's still what I'm guessing without knowing the laws properly, as shown by England's famous chase in darkness.

Never mind I'm not sure I read that correctly. I still want to know for sure that play doesn't have to end at 7:00.

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
SpaceMonkey said:
The last hour starts when there is 15 left, simple as that. Recall Old Trafford and how late the game finished there.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Okay back from work. Got stuck in a jam and missed the opening after lunch. Thought og running back to home in the jam but better logic prevailed.

Can England be denied and Australia have the last laugh? I certainly hope so. This is as good as it gets!

Knopfler

School Boy/Girl Captain
Someone mentioned Tait before on this thread.

I am surprised he has not bowled today. If he is picked, you would think that they would have to use him, especially since he is picked as a strike bowler.

Anyway, its a given that Warne bowls at one end basically all day, and thats the end that has mainly kept me interested.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Its so hard to give up, and concede the Ashes. I just.... cant!

Aussies - as have been shown today, when Im not watching the cricket, a wicket falls. It happened all through the 1st session, and again now with Collingwood. Currently watching Channel 10... desperate times call for desperate measures.